Hammersmith & Fulham
Healthy streets schemes
We are working to support boroughs in the delivery of their schemes within the current funding environment. In places this means new cycle routes and low traffic neighbourhoods and in others prioritising buses and making journey times faster and more reliable.
Pavements have been widened on King Street to let people get in and out of local shops and services more easily.
Here are some updates to your travel around London and your borough:
- Our safer travel guidance has been updated
- The TfL Go app will help you travel comfortably
- Our pay as you go fares are automatically capped, so you don't need to buy a travel card in advance. Create an online account or use the Oyster app to quickly and easily calculate your expenses
- Travel guidance for businesses and their staff
- Our Vision Zero progress report outlines achievements from the first three years of the Mayor's Vision Zero plan and commits to new tougher measures to ensure that it meets the goal of eliminating death and serious injury from London's roads
- We have published our Everyone's Future Counts document, which highlights our programmes designed to support those who are held back due to the barriers in education and the workplace
- We have published our annual Gender, Ethnicity and Disability Pay Gap reports
- We are asking Londoners to share views on proposed changes to bus routes into central London - find out more and have your say by visiting https://haveyoursay.tfl.gov.uk/busreview
Funding for your borough
We provide funding to boroughs and local communities for transport improvements in your local area.
Your Local Implementation Plan (LIP)
The LIP is produced by the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham and agreed with us. It sets out the details on transport infrastructure changes in a three-year period to support the Mayor's Transport Strategy.
LIP funding letter September 2022
Local Implementation Plan (LIP) allocation 2020/21
Local Implementation Plan (LIP) allocation 2019/20
Local Implementation Plan (LIP) confirmation letter 2017/18 - Borough Leader
Local Implementation Plan (LIP) confirmation letter 2016/17
Local Implementation Plan (LIP) delivery plan letter
Public Transport Access Levels - Hammersmith and Fulham
LIP targets for Hammersmith & Fulham
Each borough has set targets in their LIP against the Mayor's Transport Strategy outcomes - we track and report on progress against these targets in the LIP3 MTS outcomes borough data pack.
Vision Zero in your borough
We are working with boroughs to reduce the number of deaths and serious injuries from all road collisions to zero by 2041. They are responsible for enforcing safe speeds on their roads, as well as leading community programmes to encourage using roads safely. Find out more about Vision Zero and the Lowering Speed Limits Programme.
Helping your community
The Vision Zero dashboard enables organisations and members of the public to more easily access and interpret collision data. In sharing collision data in this way, organisations can better identify the road danger challenges specific to their respective sectors and communities, and work together with us, London's boroughs and other agencies to tackle them.
The dashboard currently comprises collision data from 2017-2019 and in will soon include future years' data and further analysis capability, for example casualty rates by kilometre travelled.
TfL's Motorcycle safety courses
We offer a range of free online and face to face motorcycle safety training courses across all boroughs to help ensure motorcyclists stay safe on London's busy roads. This also supports the Vision Zero objective to eliminate all deaths and serious injuries on London's roads by 2041.
Electric scooter (e-scooters) trial
In partnership with London Councils, we're running an e-scooters trial. On Monday 7 June 2021 e-scooters became available to rent in your borough. Working together on a single trial means the trial can run consistently across participating boroughs, with safety at its core.
What we're improving in Hammersmith & Fulham
- We consult local communities on a range of projects every year. Search our consultation and engagement hub - Have Your Say
- Find out about major works and events near you
- To see some improvements in or near the borough, select 'Hammersmith & Fulham' under the Borough drop down on Improvements & projects
- Find out about property development projects in your borough
Bus network changes
From time to time - after consulting the public - we alter bus routes to reflect changing patterns in demand. We also make temporary changes, often because of road works. See the latest bus changes.
Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ)
The Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) operates across all London boroughs and the City of London. The M25 is not in the zone. This is part of the commitment by the Mayor and TfL to help every Londoner breathe cleaner air.
The ULEZ operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends (except Christmas Day), with a £12.50 daily charge for vehicles that do not meet the required emissions standards.
If you drive anywhere within the ULEZ, and your vehicle does not meet the emissions standards, you could face a daily charge of £12.50. Use the TfL vehicle checker to see if your vehicle is compliant.
Our assets in Hammersmith & Fulham
Assets we maintain in your borough include:
- 15 Tube stations
- Three London Overground stations
- Around 290 bus stops - see all 46 day bus routes in Hammersmith & Fulham
- Five bus stations
- Three coach stops
- 61 Santander Cycles docking stations
- Around 135 traffic signals
- Over 6 kilometres of red routes
We maintain our assets until they need to be renewed or disposed of as set out in our asset management plan. We do this by:
- Servicing them regularly to keep them operational
- Repairing or replacing faulty assets
Report a problem on a London street with our Streetcare tool.
We do not maintain in Hammersmith & Fulham:
- Non-red route roads - these roads are maintained by Hammersmith & Fulham
- Litter removal on red routes - this is also the borough's responsibility
- Network Rail track at London Overground stations - contact Network Rail
- Taxis and mini cabs - these are owned by taxi drivers and minicab offices
- One coach stop on Hammersmith Road
- One bus garage in Hammersmith & Fulham that is owned and managed by a bus company
- Taxi ranks on borough roads. Cars and other vehicles parked on taxi ranks can be reported to Hammersmith & Fulham
Dealing with severe weather
For documents relating to winter service in the boroughs, go to the Streets publications page.