Find out more about Oyster.
Frequent questions about Oyster
How do I touch in and out correctly?
- On Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail, Emirates Air Line and National Rail services, touch your Oyster card on the yellow card reader at the start and end of your journey to pay the right fare. If you don't touch in and out, you may have an incomplete journey and be charged a maximum fare, be issued with a penalty fare or be prosecuted
- Buses and trams - only touch your Oyster card on a yellow card reader at the start of your journey
- On Thames Clippers River Bus services, only touch in with your Oyster card on a yellow card reader when instructed to do so by a member of Thames Clippers staff. Touch out again on a yellow card reader at the end of your journey
How do I reset my online account password?
Select forgotten password, enter your username and postcode and a password reset email will be sent to the address in your account.
If your postcode is not accepted, use our online form or call us on 0343 222 1234* (option 2 then option 5) to request a password reset. You will need to confirm your Oyster card number and security answer.
Where can I see how much my fare is?
Find the cost of a single journey on Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail and National Rail services in our single fare finder.
How can I get a reminder of my username?
Select forgotten username and enter your email address and postcode. If your postcode is not accepted, use our online form or phone us on 0343 222 1234* (option 2 then option 5) to request a reminder. You will need to confirm your Oyster card number and security answer.
How do I report my Oyster card lost or stolen?
If you have a contactless and Oyster account you can report your Oyster card lost or stolen online.
If you do not have an account, use our online form or phone us on 0343 222 1234* (option 2 then option 5) with your Oyster card number and password.
For lost or stolen Oyster photocards, you can replace your card online or phone us on 0343 222 1234* (option 2).
How can I get a statement of my Oyster card journey history?
Sign in to your contactless and Oyster account to see the journeys you've made right up to the end of the previous day.
You can see the last eight weeks of your journey history and select which period you want to view. You can also have your journey history emailed to you on a weekly or monthly basis. You can only see your journey history from the day after you sign up for an online account.
If you don't have an online account, you can sign up online using our online form or phone us on 0343 222 1234* (option 2 then option 5) with your Oyster card number.
Contact us for more help or to make a complaint
When contacting us, please provide:
- Your Oyster card number (if you have one)
- Your security password (if your Oyster card is registered)
- The name of your regular station
Online: Use our online form
Phone: 0343 222 1234* (option 2, then option 5 for adult Oyster cards or option 1 for Oyster photocards)
Textphone: 0800 112 3456
08:00-20:00 seven days a week