Report a crime or incident
In an emergency:
- Call the police on 999
- Speak to the nearest member of staff
- Use the passenger alarm
Reporting a crime
To report a crime on the transport network:
- For incidents on buses call the Met police on 101
- Report online at met.police.uk
- For incidents on Tube and rail, you can text what happened, where and when, to 61016
- You can report some crimes - such as theft, criminal damage and hate crime - online
- Download the British Transport Police app Railway Guardian from the App Store or Google Play Store. The app also contains safe travel guides and advice
Terrorism or suspicious activity
To report possible terrorist activity:
- Call the confidential hotline on 0800 789 321
- Report online to the Met Police
- Give information anonymously via CrimeStoppers
A hate crime is defined by the British Transport Police as when someone commits a crime against you because of your:
- sexual orientation
- gender identity
We understand that you might not feel comfortable talking to the police about what happened - there are other ways you can report it.
You don't have to be the victim of hate crime to report it. You can report anything you've seen happening to someone else, or report it on their behalf if they don't want to.
Find out how to report a hate crime.
Fraud and corruption
Transport for London has a zero-tolerance approach to fraud and corruption. If you know about or suspect fraud or corruption against TfL, report it in confidence to our Counter-fraud and Corruption team.
Let us know about safety and security issues online using our online reporting forms:
For more help and ways to contact us:
It's important that you report a crime or incident on the transport system as soon as possible. Images captured by CCTV are only kept for a limited time period. Find out more about how long we keep personal data.
Contact us about safety issues
We're open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
CallCharges apply 0343 222 1234
Textphone0800 112 3456
Use our Enquiries and complaints forms to report a safety incident online.
Or send a letter to:
TfL Customer Services
5 Endeavour Square