Lost Oyster card
If you lose an unregistered card, you can't get a refund or replacement.
Before you replace your card
You must have pay as you go credit, or at least five days travel remaining on your Travelcard or Bus & Tram Pass, for us to transfer it to a new Oyster card.
Once you've reported your card as lost, the card will be cancelled.
Transfer your credit or ticket to a new card
- Get a new Oyster card
- Make at least one journey with it
- Wait 24 hours
- Sign in to your account, or create an account
- Go to 'Report card lost, stolen or failed'
- Select 'Transfer my products to another Oyster card' and follow the instructions
After you get your new card
Your new Oyster card will have the same Travelcard, Bus & Tram Pass and/or pay as you go credit that was on it before.
If you get discounted travel, you'll need to have the discount added to your replacement card:
- Take your discount photocard and your Oyster card to any Oyster Ticket Stop or Tube station
- Ask staff to add your discount to your Oyster card. You need to give a password
- Add pay as you go credit to your Oyster card
- Create or sign in to your contactless and Oyster account and add your Oyster card. Use the same password you gave to staff when they added your discount. If you don't, you can't get a refund or replacement
Carry your photocard and Oyster card with you at all times and don't let anyone else use your cards.
If you have an Annual Travelcard, we'll send you a new Gold Record Card.
In some cases, we will send you a replacement card.
It will take us up to five working days after you've reported your Oyster card as lost to send your replacement.
Once we have confirmed you're the registered Oyster card owner, we will calculate the pay as you go balance to transfer to your replacement card.
We don't refund your travel costs whilst you're waiting for your new card to arrive. If it takes us longer than five workings days to replace your card, we might refund any travel made from the sixth day. You would need to provide receipts or tickets.