If you served in the armed forces, you could get free and discounted travel on our transport services with a Veterans Oyster photocard.
- Free travel at anytime on bus, Tube, tram, DLR, London Overground and TfL Rail
- Free travel on most National Rail services in London
- Discounted fares on the Emirates Air Line
- Discounted fares on River Services
Travel on National Rail
You can travel free on most National Rail services from 09:30 weekdays and anytime on weekends and public holidays:
You can travel on these routes before 09:30 on a weekday:
||Amersham and Marylebone
||West Ruislip and South Ruislip
||Finsbury Park and King's Cross and Moorgate
||West Hampstead Thameslink, Elephant & Castle and London Bridge
|London Northwestern Railway
||Harrow & Wealdstone and Euston
||Stratford and Liverpool Street
||Upminster and Fenchurch Street
Who is it for?
You can get a Veterans Oyster photocard if you:
Ongoing payments are awarded to service personnel who've sustained a certain level of physical or psychological injury in the line of duty. If you received a one-off gratuity payment instead, you can't get a Veterans Oyster photocard.
You also can't get a Veterans Oyster photocard if you live in a London borough and are eligible for a 60+ London Oyster photocard or Freedom Pass.
How to apply?
You fill out an application form to apply for a Veterans Oyster photocard. Call us on 0343 222 1234 (call charges may apply) to get your form.
Complete and return your form with:
- A photocopy of your Awards Notification or annual uprating letter from Veterans UK or the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (dated in the last two years)
- A passport-sized full-face photo including your head and shoulders. Don't wear anything that covers your head unless worn for religious or medical reasons
How to use
Once you get your Veterans Oyster photocard, you can use it straight away.
Make sure you touch in at the start of your journey and touch out at the end on yellow card readers. You only need to touch in on buses and trams.
Your Veterans Oyster photocard expires on the date shown on the front of your card.