If you're unemployed and looking for work, you may get discounted travel in London.
Can I get it?
You must be claiming:
- Jobseekers Allowance or Universal Credit, be aged between 18-24 and unemployed for 13-39 weeks
- Jobseekers Allowance or Universal Credit, be aged 25 or over and unemployed for 13-52 weeks
- Incapacity Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance or Income Support and actively engaged with an adviser in returning to employment
In the first few months of commuting to your new job, you may also be eligible for help with your fares. Contact your local Jobcentre Plus office for more information.
How to apply
You need to go to your local Jobcentre Plus office to apply.
How to start using your card
- Take your Jobcentre Plus photocard and Oyster card to any Oyster Ticket Stop or Tube station
- Complete an Oyster card registration form if you haven't registered it before
- Ask staff to add your Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount to your Oyster card
- Add pay as you go credit to your Oyster card
- Carry your photocard and Oyster card with you at all times
- Touch in at the start of your journey and touch out at the end on yellow card readers
- Don't let anyone else use your cards
Your photocard is valid for three months.