If you're unemployed and looking for work, you may get discounted travel in London.
- Get 50% off pay as you go adult fares to travel on bus, Tube, tram, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail (excluding between West Drayton and Reading) and most National Rail services in London
- Buy and use a child rate 7 Day, monthly or longer period Travelcard or Bus & Tram Pass
- Buy discounted paper single or return tickets from National Rail
Can I get it?
You must be claiming:
- Jobseekers Allowance or Universal Credit, be aged between 18-24 and unemployed for 13-39 weeks
- Jobseekers Allowance or Universal Credit, be aged 25 or over and unemployed for 13-52 weeks
- Incapacity Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance or Income Support and actively engaged with an adviser in returning to employment
In the first few months of commuting to your new job, you may also be eligible for help with your fares. Contact your local Jobcentre Plus office for more information.
How to apply
You need to go to your local Jobcentre Plus office to apply.
Start using your card
- Take your Jobcentre Plus photocard and Oyster card to any Oyster Ticket Stop or Tube station
- Ask staff to add your Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount to your Oyster card. You need to give a password
- Add pay as you go credit to your Oyster card
- Create or sign in to your contactless and Oyster account and add your Oyster card. Use the same password you gave to staff when they added your discount. If you don't, you can't get a refund or replacement
- Carry your photocard and Oyster card with you at all times
- Touch in at the start of your journey and touch out at the end on yellow card readers
- Don't let anyone else use your cards
Your photocard is valid for three months.