60+ London Oyster photocard
- Free travel on bus, Tube, tram, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail (excluding between West Drayton and Reading) and most National Rail services in London
- We've changed the hours you can travel to reduce crowding on our services and help social distancing. You will only be able to travel from 09:00, Monday to Friday. You can still travel any time on weekends and bank holidays
- Discounted fares on the Emirates Air Line
- Discounted fares on River Services
Travel on National Rail
You can travel free on most National Rail services from 09:30 on weekdays and anytime on weekends and public holidays.
You can travel free on these National Rail services, at any time:
|Chiltern Railway||Amersham and Marylebone|
|Chiltern Railway||West Ruislip and South Ruislip|
|Great Northern||Finsbury Park and King's Cross and Moorgate|
|Thameslink||West Hampstead Thameslink, Elephant & Castle and London Bridge|
|London Northwestern Railway||Harrow & Wealdstone and Euston|
|Greater Anglia||Stratford and Liverpool Street|
|c2c||Upminster and Fenchurch Street|
These routes are free if you travel from 09:00 or 09:30 on weekdays, weekends and public holidays:
|Southern||Clapham Junction and Harrow & Wealdstone||09:00|
|Southern||New Cross Gate and West Croydon/Crystal Palace||09:30|
|Southern||Peckham Rye and Queens Road||09:30|
|Southeastern||Denmark Hill and Peckham Rye||09:30|
Who is it for?
You can't get a 60+ London Oyster photocard if you already have a Veterans Oyster photocard.
How to apply
You apply online for a 60+ London Oyster photocard from two weeks before your 60th birthday.
You need to provide:
- Active email address
- Details from your machine-readable passport or UK driving licence (full or provisional)
- A scanned colour image of your machine readable passport. This must be in .png or .jpg format and be less than 6MB. The image must show your photo, personal details and passport number
- Digital photo of you which must be a .jpg, .bmp or .gif file and be less than 6MB
- Debit or credit card registered at your address to confirm you live in a London borough and to pay an administration fee of £20
If you don't have these, you can still apply online but may be asked to:
- Print a verification letter and take it to a Post Office in London with proof of your age and address
- Pay an administration fee of £20 at a Post Office
Proof of age can be one of the following:
- An ID card from a European Economic Area country
- Medical Card
- Birth certificate
- Driving licence
- Biometric Residency Permit
Proof of address can be one of the following:
- Residential utility bill (from last three months)
- Bank, building society or credit statement (from last three months)
- Department for Work and Pensions letter (from last three months)
- HM Revenue and Customs letter (from last three months)
- Occupational pension letter (from last three months)
- Council Tax bill
- Television licence
- Driving licence
- Council or Housing Association rent book or statement
Check your application status
- When you apply for your 60+ London Oyster photocard, we'll set up a photocard web account for you. You can check your application status when you sign in to your photocard web account
- Text your application reference number to 07624 809 330. You'll receive a response from our SMS service (standard network charges apply)
How to use
Once you get your 60+ London Oyster photocard, you can use it straight away.
Use your photocard web account to manage your card or report a lost card.
You can't add credit to your 60+ London Oyster photocard to pay as you go.
Yearly address check and fee
You need to provide proof of your London borough address and pay £10 (non-refundable) for each year you have your photocard.
We'll let you know when to do this. Use your photocard web account to keep your contact details up to date.
If you don't provide proof, your photocard will be stopped.
When your 60+ London Oyster photocard expires you may be eligible for a Freedom Pass.
If you agreed to share your data with London Councils when you applied for your 60+ London Oyster photocard, they'll send you a letter to confirm your name and address.
Once they've received confirmation and you meet the criteria for a Freedom Pass, London Councils will send you a Freedom Pass. You don't need to apply or provide a new photo.