Royal Mail strikesDelivery of Oyster photocards may be delayed by industrial action at Royal Mail
Apprentice Oyster photocard
Who is it for?
You can apply for an Apprentice Oyster photocard if:
- Aged 18 or over
- Live in a London borough
- Enrolled on an apprenticeship with a further education college or training organisation (funded or approved by the Education and Skills Funding Agency) for a minimum of 12 months
- In the first 12 months of your apprenticeship
- Started your apprenticeship and not on a planned break from your learning
Your apprenticeship must be SASE (Specification for Apprenticeship Standards in England) compliant or an approved standard.
How to apply
You apply online and need to provide:
- Active email address
- Unique Learner Number (ULN)
- UK Provider Reference Number (UKPRN)
- London borough address
- Digital photo which must be a .jpg, .bmp or .gif file and less than 6MB
You pay an administration fee of £20 using a credit or debit card.
We'll post your Apprentice Oyster photocard to you within two weeks of applying.
Check your application status
- Sign in to your photocard web account
- Text your application reference number to 07624 809 330. You'll receive a response from our SMS service (standard network changes apply)
How to use and where to buy
Once you get your Apprentice Oyster photocard, sign in to your photocard web account to:
- Buy discounted Travelcards
- Buy discounted Bus & Tram Pass season tickets
- Add pay as you go credit - you don't get discounted pay as you go fares
You can also buy discounted Travelcards and Bus & Tram Pass season tickets at Oyster Ticket Stops, Tube stations and Visitor Centres. You can buy discounted Travelcards at some National Rail stations.
You can then start using it to travel. Make sure you touch in at the start of your journey and touch out at the end on yellow card readers. You only need to touch in on buses and trams. Find out more about touching in and out.
Use your photocard web account to manage your card or report a lost card.
Your Apprentice Oyster photocard expires after 12 months.
If you're removed from your apprenticeship, or leave early, your photocard will be stopped.
If you change to a different level of apprenticeship or start a new apprenticeship, you need to apply for a new photocard.
Get a 16-25 Railcard
Save 34% on pay as you go off-peak fares and daily caps by adding a 16-25 Railcard to your Apprentice Oyster photocard to travel on the Tube, London Overground, Elizabeth line and most National Rail services in London.