You don't have to be a member to use the scheme, but if you are a regular user you can get quicker access to the bikes by registering for your own cycle hire key.
- Quicker bike access after paying the one-off fee of £3 for a key
- Frequent users can save money with yearly bike access for £90 - that's 25p per day
- Or you can become a Pay As You Pedal member with 24-hour bike access for £2
- All other costs are the same, and you can check 12 months of account history online
- We will automatically renew your chosen bike access period when you next hire a bike after your previous bike access period has ended. You can opt out of auto-renew when you register online, or speak to us at our Contact Centre on 0343 222 6666 (TfL call charges)
Check out our community page for offers, news, competitions and more.
Pay As You Pedal membership
For quicker bike access, without the cost of yearly membership, why not become a Pay As You Pedal member?
Register for a key online then select 24-hour bike access and we'll automatically charge you £2 when you take out your first bike of the day, plus any extra ride charges for journeys over 30 minutes.
No yearly fee - just slot in your key at the keypad and away you go!
Bob's Pay As You Pedal membership
Bob doesn't ride to work every day, but when he does he would like to access the bikes quickly, without printing a release code every time. He becomes a Pay As You Pedal member and chooses 24-hour bike access. Every time he starts a bike access period using his membership key, we automatically charge £2 to his account.
Need an extra key?
- You can have up to four keys on one account if you want extras for friends or family
- There is a one-off £3 fee per key
- You can set up separate bike access periods for each key if, for example, you're a regular but your friends or family aren't
Find out more about what you pay to hire a bike.