Mayor of London

Roadworks & street faults

Report roadworks

You can report street faults (including traffic light faults) and roadworks with our online tool, Report IT.

Roadworks on LondonWorks

LondonWorks has information on current and planned roadworks taking place across the Capital.

Find out:

  • Where roadworks are taking place
  • How long the work will last
  • Who is doing the work and how to contact them

Visit the LondonWorks website.

LondonWorks is run by TfL in partnership with boroughs and utility companies.

TfL Lane Rental Scheme

The TfL Lane Rental Scheme (TLRS) was introduced in June 2012. It applies to the most traffic-sensitive locations and the most traffic-sensitive times of day, and covers 56% of the Transport for London Road Network (TLRN).

The scheme is in place to incentivise behaviour change and minimise highway occupation, by applying a daily charge. Find out more about the Scheme.

Code of Conduct for roadworks

The Mayor has worked with utility companies to establish a code of conduct that will cut the delays and congestion caused by roadworks.

This was revised in June 2012, and now commits TfL, the six major utilities operating in London and all 33 London boroughs to specific targets that will reduce disruption from roadworks.

Mayor's Code of Conduct for Roadworks 2012/13


London Permit Scheme

We've signed up to the London Permit Scheme for improved coordination of roadworks. 

London Permit Scheme first year evaluation report

PDF 0.99MB

Highway licences

If you need to erect scaffolding, cranes or place skips or any other structure on any of the roads we look after, you will need to apply for a highway licence.


My Lines

My Buses

My Roads

My River Buses

My Trams

My Emirates Air Line

Add favourites for quick access to live status


Edit My Lines

Edit My Buses

Edit My Roads

Edit My River Buses

Edit My Trams

Edit My Emirates Air Line