You can contact us about conveyancing at:
Railway and highway searches
We do railway and highway searches for properties that may be affected by our transport projects. We also advise if a property may be affected by compulsory purchase powers.
Information on our land ownerships is on the TfL Property Asset Register map.
|Type of search||Fee|
|Railway (Commercial)||£280 Excl. VAT|
|Railway (Residential)||£171 Excl. VAT|
|Railway (Proposed schemes)*||£0.00|
|Highway||£106.50 Excl. VAT|
* Elizabeth line is not included in Proposed Scheme Search
What we require for search requests (Railway and Highway)
- The full property address including postcode
- A clear copy of the Land Registry Title plan or an Ordnance Survey Plan extract (at 1:1250 scale) identifying the property
- Agreement to undertake in the search
What we provide as part of the service
- Location plan identifying the property with our search results at 1:1250 scale (A plan will not be provided as part of a Railway (Proposed Scheme) or services beyond 200 metres)
- Letter to confirm search outcome
- Information about our existing railway services (London Underground, London Overground/Rail for London, Docklands Light Railway, Elizabeth line and London Trams), and information on proposed services that have been confirmed and approved
- Information about existing highway services and proposed highway schemes
We aim to respond to conveyancing searches within 10 working days. Searches are completed in the order they are received as long as they include a commitment to pay the correct fee.
- We process personal data in compliance with data protection legislation and GDPR regulations. Please read our data protection and GDPR policy
- At TfL, we have an obligation to use personal information lawfully and appropriately. Your information rights are found in the privacy and cookies. Please read your information rights