Spatial planning

For pre-application services, planning applications, planning policy, urban design and growth areas:

Strategic modelling

For London's strategic transport models:


For the WebCAT connectivity assessment toolkit which includes public transport access levels (PTAL) and journey time mapping:

Heritage advice

For advice about the listed heritage assets we're responsible for:

Conveyancing searches

Find out if a property might be affected by existing or proposed rail and highway transport schemes. We can advise you on land ownership for sites affected by the Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) and TfL Rail, as well as other rail:

Highway licences

We issue highway licences on red routes for items such as scaffolds and skips. You may have to pay and the processing time may be at least four weeks. Local authorities can license other items like café seating, but only if we agree.

Roadworks and street faults

For a licence under Section 50 of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991:

For questions about restrictions on road and street works:

You can report a problem with a roadworks site so we take action or tell the local Highway Authority.

You can report general street faults including problems with traffic lights.

Temporary traffic regulation order

For street works for utilitycompanies that restrict movement on a red route:

Lane rental scheme

For lane rental on the Transport for London Road Network (TLRN):

For lane rental funding:

Protecting our assets

For planning application impacts on our highway, rail and London Underground (LU) assets or to propose new structures directly affecting them:

Highway works

For Section 278 agreements for highway works on the Transport for London Road Network (TLRN):

Safety audits

For guidance on how to carry out a safety audit and appropriate safety auditors in our safety team:

Healthy Streets check for designers

You can submit a Healthy Streets check for designers for us to review and approve.

We should always review this check before your planning application is determined. If we don't approve the results, they won't be treated as valid.

For questions about Healthy Streets:

Construction logistics plans

Guidance on how to prepare and implement Construction Logistics Plans (CLPs) are included in our Transport Assessments.

For questions about CLPs:

Tube and DLR

For questions about Tube and DLR:

London Overground

For questions about London Overground:

  • Email
  • Write to London Overground, Oldfield Grove, London, SE16 2NE


For questions about trams: