Report a problem with roadworks, bus stops and shelters with our street care reporting tool.
Report other street faults - such as potholes or abandoned vehicles
The Roadworks Pledge
As part of an ongoing drive to reduce the amount of roadworks in London, TfL, the London Boroughs and all those digging up the Capital's roads have pledged to do all they can to minimise unnecessary roadworks disruption and ensure works are well managed.
To help us achieve this you can report any roadworks that do not follow the Roadworks Pledge.
- Be tidy and safe with a clutter-free site so it is safe for pedestrians, cyclists and other road users
- Always explain what's happening through detailed, clear and consistent signage
- Always have activity on site or, if not, explain why (eg concrete is drying)
- Take up as little road/pavement space as possible with a compact working area and eliminating the unnecessary use of cones, safety barriers and storage of materials
- Help keep London moving by working outside peak hours, re-opening the road to traffic at peak times and, where this is not possible, working all day or extended hours to complete works as quickly as possible. Diversion routes should be clearly signed
The Department for Transport also publishes guidelines on the safe management of roadworks.
Read the DfT Code of practice.