Northern line closure
Find out more about the work we are doing at Bank and Monument, and why this closure is needed.
Alternative travel options
Use other Tube, rail, bus, walking and cycling routes when the closure is in place. We'll be providing detailed travel advice this autumn.
To help passengers, we will:
- Run an increased service on the Northern line Charing Cross branch
- Provide additional bus capacity, with a temporary new route from Oval into the City
- Deploy additional staff across our network to support customers
- Provide clearly signed walking routes - supported by reviews of crossing and traffic signals
Use our travel tools
Check before you travel and plan ahead using our travel tools. Keep up to date with the latest service information.
Plan your journey ahead of time and check before you travel.
- Our TfL Go app has interactive maps, live arrival times, route finding, accessible journeys and other travel information
- Journey Planner helps you plan your route by public transport, cycling or walking
- Nearby uses your current location or a postcode or address of your choice and places you on a map, showing you Tube, bus, river, London Overground, DLR, TfL Rail and Santander Cycles locations around you
- Subscribe to our email updates for travel news