Quieter times to travel
- Plan your journey in advance with the TfL Go app or our Journey Planner, and where possible, travel when it is less busy
There is plenty of space on the network at quieter times.
The quieter times on public transport vary between weekdays and weekends and between stations, lines and services.
On weekdays, it's generally quieter at the following times:
- On buses, between 08:30 and 15:00 and after 17:30
- On Tube and Rail, between 08:45 and 16:30 and after 18:45
On weekends, it's currently quieter at the following times:
- On buses, before 11:30 and after 17:30
- On Tube and Rail, before noon and after 18:45
Quieter times may change as circumstances change. Plan ahead, including checking how busy any station on the TfL network is, at any time of day online or using the TfL Go app.
If you are travelling into London via National Rail services, check their quieter times to travel.
Stations and stops may also become temporarily busier due to planned works or events, which often happen at weekends. Check before you travel for the latest information.