We prefer that your vehicle meets the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) standards so you don't need to pay the charge. If you do need to pay, charging days run from midnight to midnight, every day of the year.
You can pay by midnight on the day of the journey or up to 90 days in advance. The daily charge is:
- £12.50 for cars, smaller vans, motorbikes and other lighter vehicles
- £100 for lorries, buses, coaches and other heavier vehicles
When to pay
If you drive within the zone:
- Friday, Saturday or Sunday, you have until midnight on Monday (or Tuesday if Monday is a bank holiday) to pay
- Monday through Thursday, you have until midnight on the following day to pay
The daily charge will be the same if you pay the following day. Fail to pay on time and you risk getting a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
To see if and what you need to pay, check your vehicle. Or find out about discounts and exemptions.
Auto Pay bills you automatically every month for any Congestion Charges and ULEZ charges you may owe. Set up Auto Pay.
TfL Pay to drive in London app
This free, official app helps you pay your Congestion Charge, ULEZ and Low Emission Zone (LEZ) charges.
You can also use the app to:
- Set up Auto Pay
- Pay a penalty
- Check if a postcode is in a charging zone
- Manage your account
- Save your vehicle details for future use
- See your payment history
If you already have an Auto Pay account you can also:
- Add and remove vehicles from your account
- View payment card details
- View your outstanding Auto Pay balance
It's available to download for free at both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
London Road User Charging account
If you set up an account with us you can:
- Set up Auto Pay for up to five vehicles to pay the ULEZ charge automatically
- Make faster payments by storing your contact, vehicle and payment details
- Allow up to five people access to your London Road User Charging account
Use the sign in box on this page to create an account.
UK: 0343 222 2222 (TfL call charges)
International:+44 20 7649 9122
Textphone: 020 7649 9123 (if you have impaired hearing)
Monday to Friday: 08:00-20:00
Closed on weekends and bank holidays