We prefer that you drive a vehicle that meets the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) emissions standards so you don't need to pay the charge. If you do need to pay, charging days run from midnight to midnight, every day of the year (except Christmas Day).
You can pay by midnight on the third day following the journey or up to 90 days in advance. The daily charge is:
- £12.50 for cars, motorcycles, vans and specialist vehicles (up to and including 3.5 tonnes) and minibuses (up to and including 5 tonnes)
When to pay
If you drive within the zone, you'll have to pay by midnight on the third day following the journey.
If you don't pay on time, you risk getting a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
To see if and what you need to pay, check your vehicle. Or find out about discounts and exemptions
Auto Pay bills you automatically every month for any Congestion Charges, ULEZ and/or LEZ charges you may owe. There are no registration or renewal fees. Set up Auto Pay.
Pay to drive in London through our official payment portal.
Don't pay through unofficial websites which may mislead you. You should always pay ULEZ charges with us on our secure online system. Read more on avoiding payment fraud.
TfL Pay to drive in London app
This free, official app helps you pay your Congestion Charge, ULEZ and Low Emission Zone (LEZ) charges.
You can also use the app to:
- Set up Auto Pay
- Pay a penalty
- Check if a postcode is in a charging zone
- Manage your account
- Save your vehicle details for future use
- See your payment history
If you already have an Auto Pay account you can also:
- Add and remove vehicles from your account
- View payment card details
- View your outstanding Auto Pay balance
It's available to download for free at both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
London Road User Charging account
If you set up an account with us you can:
- Set up Auto Pay for up to five vehicles (or Fleet Auto Pay for six or more) to pay the Congestion Charge, ULEZ and LEZ charges automatically
- Make faster payments by storing your contact, vehicle and payment details
- Allow up to five people access to your London Road User Charging account
Use the sign in box on this page to create an account.
UK: 0343 222 2222 (TfL call charges)
International:+44 343 222 2222
Textphone: 020 7649 9123 (if you have impaired hearing)
08:00-20:00 Monday to Friday