Plan your walking route from Thamesmead to Nunhead.
Stretching from the River Thames to Nunhead Cemetery, the Green Chain Walk spans the fields, parks and woodlands across 50 miles of the area. Split into 11, easy-to-follow sections, this guide allows you to explore as much, or as little as you like, at your leisure.
- The 18th century Gothic folly of Severndroog Castle
- The Art Deco glamour of Eltham Palace
- Birdwatching at Southmere, among the boats and fishermen
- Numerous parks, including Plumstead common and Oxleas Woods
- The wildlife and dinosaurs of Crystal Palace Park
- The Horniman Museum and Gardens
- The Thames Barrier
This route is well signposted throughout. All signs show the 'G-C' logo and text 'Green Chain Walk'.
- In parks, woods and open spaces - Look out for the signs on solid wooden posts with a yellow arrow on top
- On streets - Look out for metal signs with a white logo and text on a green background
- At section starts - Look out for signposts with the location name showing distances to other key points
Green Chain Walk route sections
Completed this walk? Why not download the certificate to celebrate.