Your vehicle and LEZ

HGVs, lorries, vans, buses/minibuses, coaches and specialist heavy vehicles

  • Lorry, van or specialist heavy vehicle over 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight (GVW)
  • Bus/minibus or coach over 5 tonnes GVW

Minimum emission standard: Euro VI (NOx and PM) 

See all heavier vehicles and weights affected by LEZ standards.

Direct Vision Standard and HGV Safety Permit 

If you drive an HGV over 12 tonnes GVW in Greater London at any time you will need an HGV Safety Permit to show that your vehicle meets the new Direct Vision Standard (DVS). Vehicles without a permit will be subject to a penalty charge notice. Applying for a permit is free. 

Find out more about the DVS for HGVs.

Vans, minibuses and specialist diesel vehicles 

  • Van or specialist diesel vehicle from 1.205 tonnes unladen weight up to 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight 
  • Minibus up to 5 tonnes gross vehicle weight 

Minimum emission standard: Euro 3 (PM) 

See all lighter vehicles and weights affected by LEZ standards.

Vehicles registered outside the UK

If you're driving a vehicle registered outside the UK, you'll need to register it with us to let us know that it meets the LEZ emissions standards so we can add your vehicle to our database. 

It's important that you do this, because if you drive in the LEZ without registering, even if your vehicle meets the standards, you'll have to pay the daily charge, or may receive a Penalty Charge Notice. 

Your session will time out soon