Notices & consultations
Taxi and Private Hire notices
Below is the latest consultation information.
Social distancing and Streetspace for London schemes
To help with social distancing requirements some changes are being considered or have already been introduced. Details of how you can comment on these are listed below.
- Camden Council has advertised a number of experimental traffic orders for schemes in the borough
- The City of London Corporation is inviting comments on the changes they implemented
- Croydon Council is inviting comments on their Streetspace schemes and suggestions for new schemes
- Kingston Council is inviting feedback on the measures implemented and areas where action is needed
- Lambeth Council is seeking suggestions for changes to allow people to move safely around
- Harrow Council consulting on their street space programme
- Sutton Council is consulting on Safer, Active, Greener streets schemes
- Some schemes have been introduced on the red route network and we would like to know if you have any comments on these
- You can also comment on some schemes on the map created by Sustrans
DfT draft Statutory Standards - CCTV Consultation
In July 2020, the Department for Transportation (DfT) published statutory taxi and PHV standards. These include a number of standards that taxi and PHV licensing authorities are expected to implement, including that all licensing authorities in England and Wales should undertake a consultation on in-vehicle CCTV in taxis and PHVs. The consultation closes on 22 March 2021.
Zero emission vehicles and road pricing
The Government Transport Committee is carrying out a call for evidence on the implications of accelerating the shift to zero emission vehicles and the potential for road pricing or pay-as-you-drive schemes. You have until Wednesday 17 February 2021 to submit evidence.
City of London streets
The Corporation of London is making temporary changes to some streets in the City of London. Details of the changes and a survey you can complete to let the Corporation know what you think of these are available on their website.
Electric vehicle charging points
Contactless payment limit
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is consulting on increasing the limit for contactless payments to £100. You have until Wednesday 24 February to respond to the consultation.
Stoke Newington Low Emissions Neighbourhood (LEN)
Hackney Council is interested in people's experience of walking, cycling and travelling along Stoke Newington Church Street and in the surrounding area. You can find out more about the project and how to leave a comment on the Stoke Newington LEN website.
Proposed schemes in Camden
Camden Council has advertised a number of experimental traffic orders for schemes in the borough. Each order contains details of the proposals and how to comment on these.
VAT and the Sharing Economy
The Government is conducting a call for evidence on VAT and the Sharing Economy. You have until Wednesday 3 March to submit evidence.
Low traffic neighbourhood and liable streets
- Hackney is inviting comments on low traffic neighbourhoods and other schemes.
- Kingston is introducing three new low traffic neighbourhoods. You have until March 2021 to comment on these.
- Tower Hamlets is inviting comments on its liveable streets schemes.
- Wandsworth Council is consulting on low traffic neighbourhood trials. You can find a list of the trials on their website and have until Sunday 28 February 2021 to comment on them.
- Merton Council is introducing several new low traffic neighbourhoods. The closing date for commenting on the new arrangements is Monday 8 March 2021.
Kensington and Chelsea Council is inviting comments on an experimental scheme in Basil Street. You have until Monday 15 March 2021 to comment on the scheme.
Lewisham Local Plan
Lewisham Council is consulting on a new local plan. This plan includes a taxi and private hire section and you have until Sunday 11 April to respond to the consultation.
Westiminster Council is consulting on changes around Sackville and Vigo Street. The proposals include changes to the taxi rank in Vigo Street.
Regulation of pedicabs in central London
If you think there should be greater regulation of pedicabs in central London, then you can express this by supporting the proposals set out in a new bill.
Find out more about other current TfL consultations.