Notices & consultations
Taxi and Private Hire notices
Below is the latest consultation information.
Social distancing and Streetspace for London schemes
To help with social distancing requirements some changes are being considered or have already been introduced. Details of how you can comment on these are listed below.
- Brent Council is inviting suggestions for changes that could be made
- Camden Council has advertised a number of experimental traffic orders for schemes in the borough
- The City of London Corporation is inviting comments on the changes they implemented
- Croydon Council is inviting comments on their Streetspace schemes and suggestions for new schemes
- Hounslow Council is requesting feedback on the Streetspace measures they have introduced
- Kingston Council is inviting feedback on the measures implemented and areas where action is needed
- Lambeth Council is seeking suggestions for changes to allow people to move safely around
- Some schemes have been introduced on the red route network and we would like to know if you have any comments on these
- You can also comment on some schemes on the map created by Sustrans
Proposed amendments to the Highway Code
The DfT is consulting on Proposed amendments to the Highway Code, which include a introducing a hierarchy of road users. The consultation closes on Tuesday 27 October.
Proposed changes in Westminster
Westminster Council is consulting on proposed changes in the following areas:
- Arundel Street, Surrey Street and Temple Place
- Burlington Gardens
- Leicester Square, Panton Street and Whitcomb Street
- Royal Albert Hall
City of London streets
The Corporation of London is making temporary changes to some streets in the City of London. Details of the changes and a survey you can complete to let the Corporation know what you think of these are available on their website.
Electric vehicle charging points
All day bus lane trial
We're trialling bus lanes on London's red routes operating at all times, seven days a week. The trial will run for a minimum of six months and what we want to hear what all stakeholders think about the trial.
Stoke Newington Low Emissions Neighbourhood (LEN)
Hackney Council is interested in people's experience of walking, cycling and travelling along Stoke Newington Church Street and in the surrounding area. You can find out more about the project and how to leave a comment on the Stoke Newington LEN website.
Coronavirus: implications for transport
The UK Parliament Transport Committee is asking transport workers, stakeholders and members of the public to write to them about transport issues during the coronavirus outbreak. The impacts felt by the industry, workers and passengers will then be explored in a rolling programme of work to monitor the impact of coronavirus on UK transport, sector by sector. You have until Thursday 29 October to submit a response.
Proposed schemes in Camden
Camden Council has advertised a number of experimental traffic orders for schemes in the borough. Each order contains details of the proposals and how to comment on these.
Social distancing and Streetspace for London
Lambeth Council are seeking suggestions for changes to allow people to move safely around each borough.
Assessing the impact of Coronavirus emergency on businesses
Havering Council has launched an online survey so businesses can let the council know about the impact the Coronavirus emergency is having on them.
Kensington and Chelsea Council is consulting on an experimental pedestrian and cycle scheme in Pavilion Road. You have until Sunday 29 November to comment on the scheme.
Kensington and Chelsea schemes
Kensington and Chelsea Council is consulting on experimental schemes in Pavilion Road, Portobello Road and Basil Street. The council is also consulting on a proposal to permanently close Basil Street at its junction with Sloane Square. Details of the various schemes along with closing dates for comments are available on the council's website.
Experimental pedestrian and cycle zone in Portobello Road
Kensington and Chelsea Council is inviting comments on the experimental pedestrian and cycle zone in Portobello Road. You have until Saturday 12 December to comment on the changes.
Low traffic neighbourhood and liable streets
- Hackney is inviting comments on low traffic neighbourhoods and other schemes.
- Kingston is introducing three new low traffic neighbourhoods. You have until March 2021 to comment on these.
- Tower Hamlets is inviting comments on its liveable streets schemes.
- Wandsworth Council is consulting on low traffic neighbourhood trials. You can find a list of the trials on their website and have until Sunday 28 February 2021 to comment on them.
- Merton Council is introducing several new low traffic neighbourhoods. The closing date for commenting on the new arrangements is Monday 8 March 2021.
Kensington and Chelsea Council is inviting comments on an experimental scheme in Basil Street. You have until Monday 15 March 2021 to comment on the scheme.
Regulation of pedicabs in central London
If you think there should be greater regulation of pedicabs in central London, then you can express this by supporting the proposals set out in a new bill.
Find out more about other current TfL consultations.