Steps into work
If you are 16 years or older and have mild to moderate learning disabilities and/or are on the autism spectrum, this programme gives you the chance to develop your employability skills through work experience to prepare you to look for a paid job.
On the programme, you will complete work experience placements and will be supported in completing a BTEC Level 1 Work Skills qualification.
There are 24 places each year on the Steps into Work programme. It runs from September to August, Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 15:30.
How to get on the programme
- Find out more about the Steps into Work programme
- When you've read the information, fill in the expression of interest form and send it to us.
- If you're successful, we will invite you to come to an assessment day at Barnet & Southgate College where we will test your numeracy, literacy and ICT at entry level 3. Specialist job coaches will be there to help. We use the assessment day to decide who will go on to the next stage.
- If you are successful at the assessment day, we'll invite you to an interview. A specialist job coach will be there to help during the interview
- After the interviews, we'll choose 24 people to be on the programme.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3054 2718 to request an expression of interest form or for further information about the programme.