Christmas and New Year travel
Travel changes and information
Between Friday 23 December 2022 and Monday 2 January 2023, planned work, closures and service changes may affect your journey.
The only transport running on Christmas Day will be taxi and private hire services, Santander Cycles, coaches, Dial-a-Ride (for registered members only) and electric scooter rental trials in some London Boroughs.
During the Christmas and New Year period, there are likely to be changes to timetables to timetables on all TfL services. Details will be available nearer the time.
See our six-month look ahead for planned track closures.
Planned works and timetable changes also affect National Rail services. For more information visit nationalrail.co.uk/christmas
There will be a partial closure of the Bakerloo line and London Overground from Saturday 17 December to Friday 23 December 2022.
- The Congestion Charge will not operate from Christmas Day (Sunday 25 December 2022) to Monday 2 January 2023 (inclusive)
- The Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) will not operate on Christmas Day (Sunday 25 December)
- The Low Emission Zone (LEZ) operates every day of the year (including Christmas Day)
Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
You need to pre-book to go to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland.
Travelling at quieter times
Travel at quieter times if possible.
We hope you enjoy the festive season.
- Take care while travelling on the network, especially if you have been drinking alcohol
- Plan how you are getting home in advance
- Find out more about safer travel
Check before you travel and plan ahead using our travel tools.
- TfL Go - our live Tube map app for planning travel on the move
- Plan a journey, which can help you plan your route by public transport, cycling or walking
- The latest status updates for buses and traffic
- The latest status updates for Tube, rail and trams
- Our email updates
- Nearby places you on a map, showing Tube, bus, river, rail and Santander Cycles locations, as well as local businesses and destinations. It can use your current location, a postcode or an address of your choice
All this information is subject to change. We'll be updating this page regularly with more detail of what services are running over Christmas and New Year.