Christmas and New Year travel
Travel changes and information
Between Friday 24 December 2021 and Monday 3 January 2022, planned work, closures and service changes may affect your journey.
The only transport running on Christmas Day will be taxi and private hire services, Santander Cycles, coaches and Dial-a-Ride (for registered members only).
During the Christmas and New Year period, there are likely to be changes to timetables on all TfL services. Details will be available nearer the time.
Planned closures will affect travel to Heathrow Airport.
Planned works and timetable changes also affect National Rail services. For more information visit nationalrail.co.uk/christmas
Travel to Heathrow Airport will be affected by planned closures throughout the festive period.
- 24-30 December and 2-3 January: no Piccadilly line service to or from Heathrow. Use TfL Rail to/from Paddington (except 25 & 26 December). Replacement coaches also available to/from Hammersmith
- Christmas Day (25 December): no public transport running. Use taxi and private hire services or alternative third-party coach services
- Boxing Day (26 December): no Tube or rail services to/from Heathrow, including Heathrow Express services. Use bus, replacement coach from Hammersmith, third-party coach or taxi and private hire services
Special arrangements for 2021
You need to pre-book to go to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland.
Check before you travel and plan ahead using our travel tools.
- Plan a journey, which can help you plan your route by public transport, cycling or walking
- TfL Go - our live Tube map app for planning travel on the move
- Our email updates
- Nearby places you on a map, showing Tube, bus, river, London Overground, DLR, TfL Rail and Santander Cycles locations, as well as local businesses and destinations. It can use your current location, a postcode or an address of your choice
- Follow our safer travel guidance
- You must wear a face covering over your nose and mouth when using TfL services (unless you are exempt)
- Travel at quieter times if possible.
All this information is subject to change. We'll be updating this page regularly with more detail of what services are running over Christmas and New Year.