Improve your basic skills to feel more confident. You'll learn:
- Tips to get you and your cycle prepared for the road
- How to start cycling on the road safely and responsibly
- Tips to brush up on your cycling skills
- How to cycle in a group with children
When you've completed all four modules, we'll send you a 24-hour access code for Santander Cycles. All 30-minute journeys are included.
Learn with an instructor
You can learn one-to-one with an instructor.
Basic Cycle Skills
Practice off-road and learn the basics.
Improve your skills to cycle confidently through your local area.
Urban Cycle Skills
Practice off-road and then move on to quiet roads to refresh your cycling technique.
Advanced Cycle Skills
Learn how to improve your cycle skills at complex junctions, in heavy traffic or at night.
Family Cycle Skills
Practice on quiet routes and through parks to learn how to cycle with children.
This session prepares children for Bikeability.
Book cycle training
From August 2020, you can book these free cycle training courses in your borough.
Cycle Skills for children
Bikeability is a cycle training programme for children. They can complete three levels of training through their primary and secondary school:
- Bikeability level 1 - learn to control your cycle off-road
- Bikeability level 2 - cycle safely on the quiet roads
- Bikeability level 3 - cycle safely on busy roads and at junctions
If your child's school doesn't offer Bikeability, you can search for courses in your area.
Borrow a cycle
If you don't have a cycle, you may be able to borrow one from your local borough cycling team.
Looking after your cycle
- Essential tips to help you look after your cycle
- How to repair a puncture
- How to deal with roadside cycle repairs