Timing of traffic lights at Hangar Lane Gyratory
Request ID: FOI-1109-1819
Date published: 07 August 2018
Please could you let me know the timing sequence of the traffic lights on the A406 where it joins Hanger Lane and the same for the three lanes from the west adjacent to the above traffic lights as follows:
1. the amount of green' light time at each of those traffic lights
2. the time difference between the A406 lights turning to amber and the green light appearing on the filter from the right.
3. what is the precise distance from the filter lights to the turn off left to the A40 east (A4005)
TfL Ref: 1109-1819
Thank you for your request received by Transport for London (TfL) on 23 July 2018 asking for information about the timing of traffic lights at Hangar Lane Gyratory.
Your request has been considered in accordance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act and our information access policy. I can confirm that we hold the information you require.
Please find below the information that you have requested:
- Between 7am and 7pm, the A406 Southbound approach gets on average 29 seconds of green. The circulatory at Hanger Lane receives on average, 23 seconds of green throughout the day.
- The time between the green lights on the A406 southbound approach ending and the green lights starting on the circulatory is fixed 6 at seconds. This is a safety clearance period.
- It is approximately 180m between the stop-line on the circulatory and the A40 eastbound on slip.
The diagram below, helps to explain the traffic light timings.
If this is not the information you are looking for, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Please see the attached information sheet for details of your right to appeal as well as information on copyright and what to do if you would like to re-use any of the information we have disclosed.
FOI Case Management Team
Transport for London
Back to top