Passenger flow in Shoreditch and Old street station
Request ID: FOI-1079-1718
Date published: 23 August 2017
I would like to ask you some data about Old Street Station and Shoreditch High Street station frequentation:
- A break down of the amount of passengers exiting (and separately entering) each Station by month over the last 24 months.
- A break down of the amount of passengers exiting (and separately entering) each Station by day form 01/05/2016 to 30/06/2016, and from 01/05/2017 to 31/06/2017.
- A break down of the amount of passengers exiting (and separately entering) each Station on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays form 01/05/2017 to 31/06/2017.
Our Ref: FOI-1079-1718
Thank you for your request received on 5 August 2017 asking for information about passenger flows in Shoreditch and Old Street Stations.
Your request has been considered in accordance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act and our information access policy. I can confirm we do hold the information you require.
Please find the requested information attached.
Please note the following:
1. Count of entries, exits and bi-directional validations for Old Street include use of magnetic, Oyster and Contactless Payment Cards (CPC)
2. Count of entries, exits and bi-directional validations for Shoreditch High Street ONLY include use of Oyster and Contactless Payment Cards (CPC)
3. Bi-directional validations are validations recorded at passenger validators where the direction of travel has not yet been identified
4. The numbers presented in this spreadsheet only account for validations made at the selected stations. It does not account for unticketed travel.
If this is not the information you are looking for, or if you are unable to access it for some reason, please feel free to contact me.
Please see the attached information sheet for details of your right to appeal.
FOI Case Officer
FOI Case Management Team
Transport for London
Back to top