Our ref: FOI-0848-1718/GH
Thank you for your request received by Transport for London (TfL) on 10 July 2017 asking for information about the Bank Station Capacity Upgrade.
Your request has been considered under the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and our information access policy. I can confirm that we do hold some of the information you require.
- November 2011 paper from LU Programme Director of Crossrail and Stations to Infrastructure UK (page12) – Although we have undertaken an extensive search of our email system we have been unable to locate a copy of this paper. Please accept our apologies.
- Invitation to Participate (page 18) – A draft copy is attached. Unfortunately we have been unable to locate a final copy.
- CGAP Gate D Assurance Report (RUB 23/4/13)
- CGAP Gate D Assurance Report ( PPP 8/5/13)
- IIPAG Gate D Initial Bid Inspection – 12/4/13
- IIPAG 5/5/13 Review
- ICE Procurement Execution Plan
- 4-1-13 Lessons learned report R14
- 13-9-13 Internal lessons learnt
- Bidder Lessons learned report 17.9.13
The documents requested in 3) – 10) above are attached.
The other three documents referred to below, we believe, are a duplication of the documents noted in items 8 to 10 above. No other lessons learnt reports have been located.
- Lessons Learnt Report (page 56)
- Results from the survey of the bidders (page 56)
- Bidder Lessons Learnt report (page 58)
In respect of the other questions you have raised:
How much did TfL contribute to the contractors bid costs?
This is covered in the attachments (lesson learnt report 17.9.13) – TfL contributed £200,000 to each bidders costs
How much did TfL pay for the IP on losing bids?
This is covered in the attachments (lesson learnt report 17.9.13) and states £940,000.
If this is not the information you are looking for, or if you are unable to access it for some reason, please do not hesitate to contact me.
If you are not satisfied with this response please see the attached information sheet for details of your right to appeal.
FOI Case Officer
FOI Case Management Team
Transport for London