Paddington Bakerloo ticket hall
Paddington Square is a new public space with offices, shops, restaurants and a public square.
The work at Paddington Tube station will create:
- A new, larger Bakerloo ticket hall
- Step-free access between the Bakerloo line and street level
Entry to the Bakerloo line
Part of the existing ticket hall, including the Bakerloo entrance on Praed Street, is closed while work is being done. Space is limited so we may also restrict entry to the Bakerloo line platforms at busy times. Follow signs and staff directions.
- Some ticket gates have been removed - remember to touch in on the temporary readers
- You can't buy a ticket or top up in the Bakerloo ticket hall. Switch to contactless and there's no need to top up. Or you can top up your Oyster card online, on the TfL app or at nearby ticket machines
- Please avoid the busiest times if you can and allow extra time for your journeys
As work moves ahead, and the work site becomes bigger, we may restrict access to the Bakerloo line even more at peak times.
We're working with Network Rail and the train operating companies to minimise the impact on journeys during this improvement work.