Kingston Cromwell Road bus station
Our redesign of the station will improve accessibility, safety and the customer experience. The bus station will also be greener and more energy efficient.
Why we're doing the work
The state-of-the-art build will combine contemporary style with the very latest technology, allowing us to redesign and upgrade station facilities. These will be more energy efficient, with improved safety and accessibility, as the number of customers journeying through the station continues to increase.
Once complete, customers can expect a new energy-efficient bus station that offers the latest in live travel information, services and features.
What we're doing
- 2 better connected, accessible bus stops
- A fully accessible customer information office
- Improved live information screens at both ends of the bus station
- A new canopy over the customer waiting area
- A wider passenger island with more space for customers waiting for buses and moving around the bus station
- New fully accessible toilets
- 2 new retail spaces
- Improved accommodation for TfL staff and bus drivers
Environment and safety features include:
- Green canopy edge and planters
- Newly resurfaced pavements and improved drainage including a sustainable urban drainage (SUDS) system
- Solar panels
- Improved LED lighting and CCTV
- A new PA system
Changes to your travel
From Monday 28 August 2023, buses will not stop at the bus station and some buses which normally stop in the bus station or Cromwell Road will serve temporary stops, be diverted or stop short of their normal destinations.
Stops A1 to A16, and Z1 will be closed for the duration of the works. Stop R on Wood Street will also be closed.
Two new temporary bus stops (PW and RC) with shelters will be located to the east of the bus station on Cromwell Road and the bus lane will be extended.
During the works, allow extra time and use nearby alternative bus stops.
- 71, 281 (24 hour), 371, 406, 418, 465, 671, K5 and N65 towards Chessington, Tolworth, Richmond, Epsom, Dorking or Ham - use new temporary stop PW on Cromwell Road
- 85 (24 hour), K2, K3, K4, K5, KU1, KU3, X26/SL7 and N87 towards Putney Bridge, Kingston Hospital, Roehampton Vale, Morden, West Croydon or Aldwych - use new temporary stop RC on Cromwell Road
- 111 (24 hour), 216, 285 (24 hour), 411, 461 and 481 towards Heathrow Central, Staines, West Molesey, Addlestone or West Middlesex Hospital - use stop Q on Wood Street (opposite Kingston rail station)
- 57 (24 hour), 131 and 213 (24 hour) towards Clapham Park, Tooting Broadway or Sutton - use stop E2 on Eden Street or stop B on London Road
- K1, 458, 514, 515 and 715 towards New Malden, Staines, Hersham, Weybridge and Brooklands or Guildford - use stop D1 on Eden Street (near Primark)
- 513 towards Cobham and Downside - buses depart from stop D1 on Eden Street (near Primark)
- 65 towards Kingston (Brook Street) - use stop V near Kingston station or stop D2 at Eden Street (near Primark).
- 71, 406, 418, 465 and K1 towards Kingston - the last stop will be E3 on Eden Street
- 111, 216, 285, 411 and 481 towards Kingston - the last stop will be N on Wood Street (outside John Lewis)
Customer toilets, the travel Information window and live information screens will be unavailable during the work. Check your travel or speak with a member of staff.