You must apply online and you'll need to provide:
- An active, valid email address
- Details from your child's machine readable passport. If they don't have one or you can't provide the details, you'll have to complete your application at a post office (see below)
- A digital photo of your child which must be:
- A JPG, BMP or GIF file and less than 6MB
- A true likeness
- Without hats and head coverings, unless worn consistently for religious or medical reasons and, only then, if the features of their face can still be seen
You will need to pay an administration fee (£10 for a 5-10 and £15 for an 11-15 Zip Oyster photocard).
If you have a credit or debit card, you can complete your application online. If you don't have one, you will need to complete your application at a post office (see below).
Completing an application at a post office
You will need to complete your application at a post office if:
- Your child doesn't have a machine readable passport, or you can't provide the details
- You don't have a credit or debit card
You'll need to print a verification letter and take it with your payment and proof of your child's age to a post office in London to complete the application. The proof of age must be either:
- A valid passport
- An ID card from a European Economic Area country
- A birth certificate
- A current full UK driving or provisional licence
- A Biometric Residency Permit
If there is an issue with your application we'll email you, so please check for emails from us.
We'll post your child's Zip Oyster photocard to you within a week of applying.