We charge higher fares at the busiest times of the day.
Using pay as you go
On Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail and National Rail services in London:
- Peak fares apply Monday to Friday (not on public holidays) between 06:30 and 09:30, and between 16:00 and 19:00
- Off-peak fares apply at all other times, and if you travel from a station outside Zone 1 to a station in Zone 1 between 16:00 and 19:00 Monday to Friday
If you are travelling on London Overground between Euston (National Rail station) and Watford Junction, peak fares only apply at the following times:
- Southbound: From Watford Junction towards Euston, Monday to Friday between 06:30 and 09:30 (not on public holidays)
- Northbound: From Euston towards Watford Junction, Monday to Friday between 16:00 and 19:00 (not on public holidays)
Off peak fares apply at all other times.
When using pay as you go, peak and off-peak caps apply for some journeys.
Using Day Travelcards
There are two different types of Day Travelcard available:
- Anytime Day Travelcards - can be used for the whole day (using the date printed on the ticket), and for journeys starting before 04:30 the following day
- Off-peak Day Travelcards are cheaper and are valid from 09:30 (Monday to Fridays) or at anytime on Saturdays, Sundays or bank holidays on the day of travel (using the date printed on the ticket), and for journeys starting before 04:30 the following day
Find out more about Travelcards and where you can use them.
Night Tube and London Overground Night Service fares are off peak.
Day Travelcards are valid on the day of issue (using the date printed on the card), and for journeys starting before 04:30 the following day. For example, if you buy a Day Travelcard at 11:00 on Friday, you can use it until 04:29 on the following Saturday.
Daily capping on Oyster cards and contactless also applies.
Buses and trams
The fare on buses and trams is the same at all times, regardless of when you travel.
There is no difference in Gatwick Express fares between peak and off peak.