You can get Annual Gold Card discounts when you buy an Annual Travelcard.
You get Gold Card discounts when you:
- Buy an adult-rate Annual Travelcard on an Oyster card or a National Rail smartcard and are issued with a Gold Record Card
- Buy an adult-rate Annual Travelcard or Annual Gold season ticket on a National Rail smartcard at a station within the Annual Gold Card area (available if one or both of the stations that the ticket is valid to and from are also in the Annual Gold Card Scheme area) and are issued with a Gold Record Card
- Buy an adult-rate magnetic Annual Gold Card season ticket at a station within the Annual Gold Card area, available if one or both of the stations that the ticket is valid to and from are also in the Annual Gold Card Scheme area
- Buy an adult-rate magnetic Annual Gold Travelcard from a National Rail station
If you buy your Annual Travelcard or Annual season ticket online, your Gold Record Card will be sent to you. It usually takes a few days to arrive and you are not entitled to Gold Card discounts until you have it.
With the Annual Gold Card discount set on your Oyster card you get 1/3 discount on off-peak pay as you go fares and off-peak daily caps on Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail and most National Rail services in London.
You can also buy discounted off-peak Day Travelcards for yourself, up to three adults aged 16 or over and up to four children aged between 5 and 15 to travel:
- At any time on weekends and public holidays
- After 09:30 Monday to Friday
Please note that children travel free:
- Up to two accompanied children under 5, on all TfL and National Rail services
- Up to four accompanied children aged 5-10 on all TfL and some National Rail services
- Children aged 5-10 with a 5-10 Zip Oyster photocard on all TfL and most National Rail services in London where pay as you go is accepted
Find out more about travelling with children.
Discounted Off-peak Day Travelcards
|Zones 1-9+ Watford Junction
|Zones 1-9+ Broxbourne/Hertford East
|Zones 1-9 + Shenfield
If you have bought discounted Off-peak Day Travelcards for adults or children, or accompanied children are travelling free, they must travel with you at all times. You must buy a discounted Off-peak Day Travelcard for yourself unless you hold a Travelcard season ticket that covers all the zones of the discounted Day Travelcards.
Setting the discount on an Oyster card
The Annual Gold Card discount can be set on your Oyster card at:
- Tube, London Overground and TfL Rail stations
- Some National Rail station ticket offices
- Oyster Ticket Stops (local shops and newsagents across London)
- Visitor Centres
Show a member of staff your Annual Gold Card or Gold Record Card and ask them to set the Railcard discount.
If you don't already have one, you'll need to get an Oyster card and register it.
When you renew an Annual Gold Card, you will need to get the discount set again on your Oyster card.
Using your Annual Gold Card
- Always show your Annual Gold Card or Gold Record Card when buying tickets from a ticket office
- Always carry your Annual Gold Card or Gold Record Card as proof of your discount when travelling
- Don't let anyone else use your Annual Gold Card, Gold Record Card or Oyster card with an Annual Gold Card discount
As well as discounted off-peak pay as you go fares, Annual Gold Card offers additional benefits on National Rail services:
- 1/3 off Standard and First Class Anytime and off-peak fares for you and up to 3 adults travelling with you
- 60% off child fares for up to 4 children travelling with you
- You can buy a 16-25, Family & Friends, Senior, Two Together, Disabled Persons or Network Railcard, subject to eligibility, for just £10 for you or one other person
If you have lost your Gold Record Card issued with an Annual Travelcard, or didn't get issued with one, call us on 0343 222 1234 (Charges apply) to get a replacement.
More information about Annual Gold Cards, including a map of the Annual Gold Card area, is on the National Rail website.