10 benefits for our apprentices and graduates
1. Ongoing and personalised support
Our award-winning teams will support your ongoing development, through a wide range of on-the-job practical experience and placements. We'll support your professional development through a combination of training, mentoring, and networking.
You'll also receive one-to-one guidance throughout the graduate programme from your:
- Placement manager: Responsible for your day-to-day management and support with your development
- Scheme sponsor: A senior manager who acts as a technical and professional adviser and has line manager responsibility
- Buddy: Usually an apprentice or graduate who gives support to you and ensure that you feel welcomed in the organisation
- Development adviser: Supports your professional development through providing career coaching and career progression at TfL
2. Networking opportunities
Our apprentices and graduates enjoy networking opportunities where they get to know colleagues from outside of TfL. You can take part in a range of activities like:
- Careers fairs
- Assessment centres
- Business events to promote early talent
Apprentices and graduates also run the Committee and Alumni group. The aim is to foster inclusivity and increase interaction through forums, lunch and learns and coffee roulettes.
Anyone can join our Staff Network Groups, which host regular meetings to discuss different topics, organise events and provide a lot of support. These are for example:
- RACE (Raising Awareness of Culture and Ethnicity)
- Carers, Parents and Guardians
- Women and many more
3. Enjoy mental health and wellbeing
We're proud to be an award-winning employer for work-life balance.
We recognise how important work-life balance is to remain healthy, happy and productive. It's built into our culture like DNA, and we beat many leading organisations to the top spot.
There are many services to provide support and advice for issues arising both within the workplace and outside of work. We also offer initiatives to promote physical activity, healthy diet and sleep hygiene as part of a healthy lifestyle.
4. Benefit from a diverse environment
We are committed to promoting equality.
We want to create an inclusive London that is open to all. Where difference is celebrated and respected. And where everyone can thrive, regardless of their background. This is why we need talented people, reflecting the diverse city that we serve.
We believe that everyone deserves to reach their full potential. And we mean everyone. Whatever your background, whether you're taking their first steps into work from school, or seeking a new career path, there's an opportunity here for everyone.
See our equality objectives in full on the diversity and inclusion page.
5. Take action for a greener future
Our purpose is developing the London of tomorrow, the communities we touch and the environment on which we have an impact.
Sustainability is core to our purpose. We commit to achieving the Mayor's goal of making London carbon neutral by 2030. Support a green recovery and better future for the capital are our main goals. And you can be a key part of it.
6. Get recognised qualifications
TfL apprenticeships are recognised nationwide. They offer professional qualifications at the completion of a programme. It means you'll gain qualifications that vary from the equal of an A-Level to a Higher National Diploma. And even a Degree.
For graduates, qualifications vary depending on a graduate programme.
7. Access to TfL employee benefits
Our apprentices and graduates are our employees. It means you'll get access to our complete employee benefits package. Please remember that benefits vary across role and business area, but may include:
- Free travel for you and someone who lives in same household on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest-free loan
- A minimum of 29 days' annual leave
- A choice of a generous final salary pension scheme, or the option to top up your salary by varying your pension
- Cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
You'll also get to work for an award-winning employer for work-life balance.
8. Improve your employability
An apprenticeship or graduate scheme is a first step in a career opening many doors ahead. We'll give you the opportunity to secure a permanent position with us after you've completed your programme. Or you may want to progress onto another apprenticeship or graduate scheme too.
There's also the impact of having a recognised name on your CV. Whatever you choose to do after your apprenticeship or graduate scheme ends, your application will stand out.
9. Earn while you learn
We'll invest in your development and offer you a generous salary. We offer different levels of apprenticeships with varying salaries:
Level 2 and 3: £21,824
Level 4: £22,915
Level 5: £24,061
Level 6: £25,264
For all our interns, the salary is £21,824. For all our graduates, the starting salary is £28,500.
10. Be part of an innovative team
Innovation is at the heart of what we do at TfL.
We're investing billions to transform the capital's network. Proposals include improving suburban railways, the cycling infrastructure and tackling vehicle emissions.
As a result, London is a world leading smart city that's hyper connected and responsive. This means endless opportunities for you to have an impact on shaping lives and the city.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.