Lambeth Bridge roundabouts
During spring 2017, we made changes to improve safety for vulnerable road users at the northern roundabout.
The changes were intended to improve safety quickly, while we made long-term plans to re-design the junction. We:
- Widened footways and extended traffic islands to reduce traffic speeds and provide more space for pedestrians
- Raised zebra crossings on all four sides of the junction to slow traffic on the approach to the roundabout
- Installed clearer lane markings at the roundabout
We consulted on plans for the Lambeth Bridge roundabouts between June and August 2017. Our Responses to Issues Raised Report explains how we've changed our original design. This includes but is not limited to:
- Keeping the right turn from Millbank (south) onto Lambeth Bridge at all times of the day. In our consultation plans, it was not possible to turn right from Millbank south onto Lambeth Bridge during the evening
- Keeping the left turn from Millbank (north) onto Lambeth Bridge for all traffic. In our consultation plans, only buses and cyclists could turn left from Millbank north onto Lambeth Bridge via a slip road
- Removed elements of shared space for pedestrians and cyclists following advice from the Mayor's Disability Advisory Group
Contact us to ask for paper copies of plans, or copies in Braille, large text or another language.
Email address: LocalCommunitiesAndPartnerships@tfl.gov.uk
Phone: 0343 222 1234 Monday to Friday 08:00-20:00 (charges may apply)