Old Street roundabout
Here is how transport is affected:
- Bus stop K on Old Street (east) has been temporarily closed while the team resolves some operational issues. We intend to re-open the stop at the earliest opportunity
- Allow more time for your journey if you usually travel through Old Street
For the latest information on how buses are running, see our bus status updates.
New road layout
If you are driving through the area, be careful while pedestrians, cyclists and other traffic get used to the new road layout
Local businesses receiving delivery and servicing trips
Delays are expected during construction works at the Old Street roundabout.
Consider taking action to minimise the impact of any delivery or servicing trips made to your premises by:
- Talking to your supplier about whether they can re-time their trips to outside of peak hours
- Reducing trips by streamlining your suppliers and the number of visits they make to your premises
For the latest information on how London roads are operating, see our traffic status updates map.
There are segregated cycle lanes and dedicated cycle signals at the Old Street junction. We also have signed cycle routes in place to help guide you through the area. Take care as you get used to the new road layout and be aware of people walking and other traffic.
There are a number of Santander cycle docking stations in the area. Check availability using the online docking station map. You can download the Santander Cycles app from the App Store or Google Play.
Changes to Old Street station access
- Subway 3 (southwest exit) is now closed
- An interim exit route leading to the main station entrance is now open
- There is direct access to the station from the entrance at Cowper Street
- City Road (north) exit is open and there is a green line leading to Moorfields Eye Hospital along the stairs. The ramp at the City Road (north) exit is permanently closed
- Subway 1 (northeast exit) is permanently closed
- To navigate Old Street junction at surface level, you can use the crossing points at each end of the junction.
Safer travel guidance
See our advice on safer travel and changes to travel.
If possible, travel at quieter times.
Check before you travel and plan ahead using our travel tools. See:
- Status updates for roads
- TfL Go app for interactive maps and live arrival times
- Journey Planner to help you plan your route
- Nearby, which uses your current location or a postcode or address of your choice and places you on a map, showing you Tube, bus, river, rail and Santander Cycles locations around you
- Our email updates