Old Street roundabout
Traffic - major changes
- The right turn from Old Street west into City Road south has been permanently banned along with the right turn from Mallow Street into Old Street
- Delays are expected in all directions on the approach to the junction. Please allow more time for your journey
Here is how transport is affected:
- Buses will run on their normal line of route, but may experience some delays through the Old Street junction
- Allow more time for your journey if you usually travel through Old Street
For the latest information on how buses are running, see our bus status updates.
New road layout
If you are driving through the area, be careful while pedestrians, cyclists and other traffic get used to the new road layout
Local businesses receiving delivery and servicing trips
Delays are expected during construction works at the Old Street roundabout.
- Consider taking action to minimise the impact of any delivery or servicing trips made to your premises by:
- Talking to your supplier about whether they can re-time their trips to outside of peak hours
- Reducing trips by streamlining your suppliers and the number of visits they make to your premises
For the latest information on how London roads are operating, see our traffic status updates map.
There are segregated cycle lanes and dedicated cycle signals at the Old Street junction. We also have signed cycle routes in place to help guide you through the area. Take care as you get used to the new road layout and be aware of people walking and other traffic.
There are a number of Santander cycle docking stations in the area. Check availability using the online docking station map. You can download the Santander Cycles app from the App Store or Google Play.
Construction works are taking place at the Cowper Street entrance.
- The pedestrian subway on Cowper Street (subway 2) is closed
- There are signs to guide you through the area
Safer travel guidance
See our advice on safer travel and changes to travel.
If possible, travel at quieter times.
Check before you travel and plan ahead using our travel tools. See:
- Status updates for roads
- TfL Go app for interactive maps and live arrival times
- Journey Planner to help you plan your route
- Nearby, which uses your current location or a postcode or address of your choice and places you on a map, showing you Tube, bus, river, London Overground, DLR, TfL Rail and Santander Cycles locations around you
- The TfL Travelbot on Facebook Messenger
- Our email updates