London Overground Night ServiceThe London Overground Night Serice is currently suspended
London Overground Night Service
About the service
- The London Overground Night Service runs on Friday and Saturday nights into the early hours of Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Services started on 15 December 2017 between New Cross Gate and Dalston Junction
- They were extended to Highbury & Islington on 23 February 2018
- Night Service has called at Whitechapel since Friday 14 December 2018
- We will keep this page up to date with the latest information about the service
Fares on the London Overground night service are off-peak. Travelcards are valid on the day of issue (using the date printed on the card), and for journeys starting before 04:30 the following day.
For example, if you buy a Day Travelcard at 11:00 on Friday, you can use it until 04:29 on the following Saturday. Daily capping on Oyster cards and contactless payment cards also applies.
Step-free accessibility at London Overground stations is the same as during the day service.
Night Tube connections
The London Overground Night Service connects with the Night Tube network at Canada Water on the Jubilee line. You can also connect to the Victoria line from Highbury & Islington.
All London Overground Night Service stations except Shadwell and Wapping have connecting night buses.
Night bus maps are available - just enter the area you are interested in to see where night buses are available.
Noise and disturbance
We are working to reduce noise impact for local people. These measure include modern floating track to absorb vibration from trains in tunnels, maintaining rails in the best possible condition, and using rail damping technology and remotely controlled track greasing devices.
Anyone affected by noise from the Night Overground service should contact TfL's 24/7 Customer Service centre on 0343 222 1234 (TfL call charges). Everyone is guaranteed a personal response and a speedy investigation of their issue.