For £1.75, you can travel direct from West Croydon to Heathrow Airport or Uxbridge to White City. This is exactly the same price as any other bus journey.
The Superloop would offer even more alternatives to private cars as part of our ongoing Outer London improvement works.
From June 2023, we consulted on proposed routes which could form parts of the Superloop. In July and August 2023, we renumbered four existing express bus routes to form the first of the Superloop bus routes.
Where would it go?
- Route SL1 - North Finchley to Walthamstow
- Route SL2 - Walthamstow Central to North Woolwich
- Route SL3 - Thamesmead to Bromley
- Route SL4 - Canary Wharf to Grove Park
- Route SL5 - Bromley to Croydon
- Route SL6 - Russell Square to West Croydon (peak services only)
- Route SL7 - Croydon to Heathrow Airport
- Route SL8 - Uxbridge to White City
- Route SL9 - Heathrow Airport to Harrow
- Route SL10 - Harrow to North Finchley
Planned and proposed routes
Planned Superloop routes
- SL1 between North Finchley and Walthamstow
- SL2 between Walthamstow Central and North Woolwich
- SL3 between Thamesmead and Bromley
- SL4 Grove Park to Canary Wharf
Proposed Superloop routes
- SL5 between Bromley and Croydon
Consultations on all planned and proposed routes are now closed.
Current Superloop Routes
Route SL8 runs an express bus service between White City and Uxbridge, serving all the same stops as route 607.
Some stops in Acton Vale, Ealing Christchurch, Hayes, Hillingdon Heath and Southall are renamed to better reflect their locations.
From Saturday 19 August 2023, buses on route SL8 will run earlier in the morning and later at nights:
- The first bus from Uxbridge departs at 04:30 on Monday to Sunday mornings
- The first bus from White City departs at 05:10 on Monday to Sunday mornings
- The last bus from Uxbridge departs at 23:50 on Monday to Sunday nights
- The last bus from White City departs at 00:20 on Monday to Sunday nights
Buses will continue to run every 7 to 15 minutes throughout the day. There are currently no other changes to the service.
From 29 July 2023, route X68 becomes route SL6 and runs an express bus service between West Croydon and Russell Square, serving all the same stops as X68. The service continues to run Monday to Friday, in the morning and afternoon peak times only.
From 19 August 2023, route X26 becomes route SL7 and runs an express bus service between Croydon and Heathrow, serving all the same stops as X26, except the last stop at West Croydon. This was on Wellesley and is now stop B8 inside West Croydon Bus Station, approximately 175 metres from the previous last stop.
Buses on route SL7 will run an enhanced service every 15 minutes, all day every day, instead of every 30 minutes on route X26.
Some stops in Kingston, New Malden, North Cheam, Teddington and Wallington Green are renamed to better reflect their locations.
Approximately half of the buses have luggage racks installed, with the remaining buses due to have luggage racks installed by the end of 2023.
From 26 August 2023, route X140 becomes route SL9 and runs an express bus service between Heathrow and Harrow, serving all the same stops as X140.
From 25 November 2023, the SL10 route runs an express service between Harrow and North Finchley. Services will run via Kenton, Kingsbury, Hendon and Finchley Central, calling at 12 stops in each direction.
Some stops in Kenton, Kingsbury and Finchley are being renamed to better reflect their locations.
We're investing in our bus network by inspecting and cleaning our Superloop bus shelters more frequently.
We'll replace older shelters with new ones this year. Those shelters and stops will get improved branding to stand out. This includes Superloop toppers, red e-tiles and Superloop name tags.
We're also fitting USB charging ports on the Superloop routes by spring 2024.