Map licensing

To use the map in your design, you need permission exclusively from our map licensing partner, Pindar Creative. However you'd like to use the map, this is the only way to officially license it.

If you are using the Underground map in a commercial publication, you will need to sign a license agreement and you may need to pay royalty charges and artwork fees.

To obtain approval to reproduce TfL maps:

  1. Place an order which is sent to Pindar Creative, our map licensing administrator
  2. Pindar Creative will send you a quote
  3. Once quote is approved, Pindar Creative sends you a licence agreement and an invoice
  4. Sign and return the licence agreement and arrange payment to Pindar Creative
  5. Pindar Creative will release the artwork to you once payment is received

For more information on the different ways you can use the map including costs, design standards and formats, read our in-depth guidance.