Have your say on proposed changes to bus route 5
TfL has today (5 August) launched a consultation on a proposed rerouting of bus route 5.
Route 5 runs between Canning Town and Romford Market every 6-7 minutes Monday to Saturday during the day and every 8-10 minutes in the evenings and Sunday daytimes.
TfL has looked at improving the route and worked closely with stakeholders including the Hospital NHS Trust on proposals to provide better access to healthcare at Queen's Hospital in Romford.
TfL is proposing the following changes to route 5:
- Buses would be rerouted at Rom Valley Way to serve Queen's Hospital, Oldchurch Rise, and Oldchurch Road. Buses would use these roads in both directions
- Buses on route 5 would no longer serve the section of South Street between Oldchurch Road and Rom Valley Way
- Route 5 would continue to serve Romford town centre and Romford Station
South Street, Romford would continue to be served by routes 252 and 248 providing direct links for passengers into Romford town centre.
There would be no change to route N15 which would continue to serve South Street.
TfL would like to know what customers think about this proposal for route 5. Their comments and suggestions will help to inform our final decision. They can give us their views by completing the online survey at consultations.tfl.gov.uk/buses/5 by 3 October 2016.
Alternatively, they can:
- Email TfL at firstname.lastname@example.org
- or write to 'FREEPOST TFL CONSULTATIONS'