Actimel in Tube station sponsorship
Transport for London (TfL) has teamed up with Actimel in a week-long sponsorship of five major London Underground stations, which will generate £225,000 to reinvest in the transport network.
During the past few years TfL has taken a new approach to commercial partnerships, which has delivered sponsorship deals worth millions of pounds with major brands including Santander, ITV and Not On The High Street. This approach is part of TfL's wider commercial strategy to generate £3.4bn in non-fare revenue over ten years, all of which will be reinvested in the running and modernisation of the transport network.
The week-long sponsorship deal kicked off this morning with the Stay Strong Brothers performing at Tottenham Court Road Tube station. The Stay Strong Brothers band, who are helping Actimel promote their Stay Strong* campaign, played humorous songs about everyday life to inspire people to take on each day with a positive attitude.
Customers will be offered 70,000 Actimel samples and vouchers during the morning peak at Tottenham Court Road, Farringdon, Canary Wharf, Westminster and Green Park stations. The deal includes branding areas of the stations with Actimel art work, posters and floor vinyls, and includes station announcements.
Graeme Craig, Director of Commercial Development at TfL, said: 'Our transport network offers a unique opportunity for brands to engage with one of the largest and most diverse audiences in the world. By partnering with leading brands like Actimel, we deliver not only substantial revenues to reinvest in transport, but also a more engaging environment for our millions of customers.'
Cynthia Finke, Marketing Manager for Actimel, said: "We are really proud to be working with TfL on our new Stay Strong campaign. This is a big part of our global relaunch and we hope it will really resonate with Londoners and bring a smile to their face during their morning commute."
Notes to Editors:
- Images of Stay Strong Brothers performing at Tottenham Court Road are available at https://www.flickr.com/photos/tflpress/albums/72157666910659061
- The contract is published at https://tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/tfl-danone-actimel-agreement.pdf
- Actimel is a yogurt drink available in 12 delicious flavours and a great way to start the day as part of a balanced breakfast.
- Actimel is available as 8 packs in a variety of flavours including strawberry, multi-fruit & blueberry from all major supermarkets. RSP £2.98
- Actimel contains Vitamin B6 that contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. It also contains Vitamins B6 & D to support the normal function of the immune system.
For more information about Actimel, visit www.staystronguk.com or Facebook & Twitter.
About Danone Ltd
Danone Ltd is part of Groupe Danone, a global food and drinks company with a mission to bring health through food to as many people as possible. Danone's expertise on yogurt making dates back to 1919.