Three new Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations for SW London
- Three new docking stations in Clapham Junction, Battersea will make it easier to access Wandsworth and Clapham Commons
- Transport for London is expanding Barclays Cycle Hire in Battersea.
From Monday 28 July local residents and visitors to the area will be able to hop on the iconic blue bikes at three new sites near Northcote Road, Battersea Rise and Clapham Common.
The three new docking stations will be located at Clapham Common Northside, Abyssinia Close, and Limburg Road with a total of 78 docking points for Barclays Cycle Hire bikes across the three locations.
The new docking stations will add to the 19,000 docking points already spread across London where Londoners and visitors can use one of over 10,000 Barclays Cycle Hire bikes.
Barclays Cycle Hire is easy to use. Users can simply use a credit or debit card to hire a bike and from as little as £2 for 24 hours can make an unlimited number of journeys under 30 minutes each time. Regular users can register for annual membership which equates to 25p per day and get the same unlimited number of journeys under 30 minutes each without paying anything more. The bikes are ideal for short trips to the shops, meeting friends or as part of a daily commute.
They can also be used to explore the many parks, sights and attractions that London has to offer.
Nick Aldworth, General Manager for Barclays Cycle Hire at TfL, said: "Barclays Cycle Hire bikes are a great way to get around town and will be perfect for enjoying Wandsworth and Clapham Commons on a sunny day. We are seeing record numbers of hires this summer and I am sure people in the area will find these three new docking stations a handy and fun addition to the other transport options available."
TfL has just published its latest self-guided cycling leisure routes map called "Explore London with Barclays Cycle Hire" which users can pick up at Tube stations and London Overground stations or at https://www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/barclays-cycle-hire/leisure-routes . Popular routes include Quirky London, London's secret gardens, Saturday markets and Independent shops and markets.
To encourage more people to cycle in the capital, TfL regularly reviews opportunities for new sites for docking stations. Large parts of south and west London are now accessible by Barclays Cycle Hire after the area covered by the scheme expanded by more than 50 per cent in December 2013.
- The London Borough of Wandsworth partly funded the roll out of the scheme in the borough, which includes these three latest docking stations
- Barclays Cycle Hire, which is already the second largest cycle hire system in Europe, has now seen 32 million journeys since its launch and remains an affordable and enjoyable way to travel around London
- For more information visit www.tfl.gov.uk/barclayscyclehire
- Images available on request.