London cable car hosts The Snowman and The Snowdog film
Passengers travelling on the Emirates Air Line this morning were treated to a fun festive surprise. The Snowman and The Snowdog arrived at the Emirates Greenwich Peninsula Terminal of the cable car to take a look at unique version of The Snowman and The Snowdog film, which has been specially reworked for the Emirates Air Line.
Footage from the classic film has been given an exciting twist. The iconic 'flying in the air' sequence now sees The Snowman and The Snowdog characters flying over London landmarks such as The O2, the Emirates Air Line, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Greenwich Royal Naval College and the Thames Barrier. This magical sequence is really brought to life as passengers fly over the Thames themselves.
As well as being able to watch this exciting sequence, visitors to the Emirates Air Line will see the terminal transformed into a magical Christmas experience until Sunday 4 January. There are also 15,000 children's goodie bags to give away. Treats include a chocolate Snowman, The Snowman and The Snowdog character masks, in-flight binoculars and an I-spy challenge. Families can also have their photo taken with a life size model of The Snowman before boarding their festive flight. All of this is available at standard ticket prices.
Danny Price, TfL's Head of the Emirates Air Line, said: `The Snowman and The Snowdog is an iconic Christmas film and we are delighted to be able to bring the story to life for our passengers, as they fly like the characters over our capital city.
Damian Treece, Brand Manager at Snowman Enterprises Ltd, said: `We were delighted when Emirates Air Line approached us with regards to incorporating The Snowman and The Snowdog as a part of their Christmas activity. There is an obvious synergy between what this experience will offer consumers and the magical attributes of our well-loved characters. The Emirates Air Line experience will bring another opportunity for families to engage with the world of The Snowman and The Snowdog.'
The Emirates Air Line is open Monday to Friday from 7am - 8pm, and 8am - 8pm on Saturdays and 9am-8pm on Sundays. Visitors may like to come in the evening to experience the film and glistening lights of London at night for an extra Christmassy feeling.
Customers are advised to book their tickets in advance to make sure they don't miss out. Tickets can be booked at: https://emiratesairline.theo2.co.uk/
Notes to editors:
- Photographs of The Snowman visit and experience on request
- There is no additional cost for the The Snowman & The Snowdog flight experience, but customers are advised to book in advance.
- A standard return ticket with Oyster discount is £6.60 for adults and £3.40 for children.
- This experience is open until 4 January 2015, apart from 25 December when the Emirates Air Line is closed.
- Goodie bags are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Activity sheets can be downloaded in advance of visits from: www.thesnowman.com/activity/
- More information on the experience and tickets are available here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/campaign/snowman-and-snowdog-experience
Watch The Snowman™ and The Snowdog on Channel 4 this Christmas.
About The Snowman™ and The Snowdog
- Originally published in 1978, The Snowman, created and illustrated by Raymond Briggs has become one of the world's most popular children's books. Available in 15 languages it has sold in excess of 8.5 million copies worldwide with over 3 million of these sales in the UK published under Puffin editions. Adapted for screen by producer John Coates, the Oscar-nominated animation launched on Channel 4 in its inaugural year in 1982 and has been repeated every Christmas since. The sequel, The Snowman and The Snowdog premiered on Channel 4 on Christmas Eve 2012 and was seen by over 10 million people over the festive period. The Snowman brand enjoys an international audience with global broadcast of the sequel and an array of consumer products now available. Snowman Enterprises Limited (SEL) is a Penguin owned company.