Night buses N550 and N551 to replace the N50
London's night bus network has expanded dramatically in recent years
The new routes replace the N50, which currently runs between Trafalgar Square and Gallions Reach Shopping Park in Beckton.
Route N50 will be withdrawn from Saturday 30 August.
New route N550 will run between Trafalgar Square and Canning Town via Victoria Embankment, Bank, Cornhill, Commercial Road, Westferry Road, Manchester Road, Prestons Road and East India Dock Road.
The N551 will operate between Trafalgar Square and Gallions Reach Shopping Park via the Strand, Ludgate Hill, Aldgate, The Highway, East India Dock Road, Canning Town, Victoria Dock Road, Tollgate Road, Woolwich Manor Way and Armada Way.
Direct night-time link
These changes will provide a more direct night-time link between Beckton, the City and the West End.
Double deck buses will operate on both routes and will run every 30 minutes nightly.
Commenting on the new routes, John Barry, Head of Network Development for London Buses, said: 'We are pleased to introduce new routes N550 and N551 which will provide further accessible transport connections for late night travellers in the Capital.
'London's night bus network has expanded dramatically in recent years with passenger numbers more than doubling since 2000.'
Further information about the changes can be accessed at tfl.gov.uk/busroutes or from London Buses' Customer Services.
Notes to editors:
- The first N550 bus from Trafalgar Square will leave at 00:20 with the last bus leaving at 05:20. From Canning Town the first N550 bus will leave at 23:52 and the last bus will leave at 05:52
- The first N551 bus from Trafalgar Square will leave at 00:05 with the last bus leaving at 05:35. From Gallions Reach Shopping Park the first N551 bus will leave at 23:33 and the last bus will leave at 05:33
- Contact London Buses' Customer Services at:
- Telephone: 0845 300 7000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: London Buses Customer Services, 84 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1PX
- Textphone: 020 7918 4435