This is not just a cycling event for cyclists - it will demonstrate to everyone, young and old, those who have never cycled or haven't cycled in years, that this is a great option for getting around London.
The afternoon of celebrations will involve bike-themed entertainment and activities including:
- A large central screen and stage providing a focus for the afternoons activities with cycling footage and special guests
- Junk funk band Weapons of Sound, instruments created from bicycle parts
- The Half Pipe Show - a spectacular BMX stunt bike show
- Roving street theatre performances
- A cycle art zone
- An area where members of the public can learn to ride a bike or try out a tandem, recumbent bike or crazy bike
- Bollywood on Bikes - a choreographed dance piece with all the glamour and allure of Bollywood
- LifeCycle themed stalls area - wide range of information on cycling in London.
For more information, contact: Transport for London press office on 020 7941 4141