Sir Gulam Noon MBE appointed to TfL Board
Commenting on the appointment, Mayor of London and TfL Board Chair, Ken Livingstone, said:
'Sir Gulam Noon's extensive business experience, his representation on many community focused boards and his role as a leading member of London's Asian community will make a significant contribution to the TfL board's strategic effectiveness. I am sure he will do an excellent job of representing Londoners' interests.'
Sir Gulam joined the TfL Board as of 1 March 2004.
The other members of the TfL Board are:
- Ken Livingstone (TfL Chair), Mayor of London
- Dave Wetzel (TfL Vice Chair), Transport for London
- Professor David Begg, Chair Commission for Integrated Transport
- Bob Crow, General Secretary of the Rail Maritime and Transport Union
- Professor Stephen Glaister, Professor of Transport & Infrastructure, Imperial College, London
- Kirsten Hearn, Freelance Consultant
- Mike Hodgkinson, Chairman of Post Office Ltd
- Oli Jackson, Retired
- Susan Kramer, former Liberal Democrat candidate for Mayor of London
- Paul Moore, Lay Official of the Communication Workers Union
- Murziline Parchment, Policy Director in the Mayor's Office
- David Quarmby, Chairman of Sea Britain 2005 Steering Group at the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich and Deputy Chair, SRA
- Tony West, Retired
Special Advisors to the TfL Board:
- Bryan Heiser
- Lynn Sloman
- The TfL Board is appointed by the Mayor of London
- According to the Greater London Authority Act (1999), the TfL Board should consist of a minimum of eight members, including the Chair, and a maximum of 15. The appointment of Sir Gulam Noon takes the number of TfL Board members to 13.