Chairman and Managing Director of Noon Products Ltd, Sir Gulam Noon MBE has been appointed to the Board of Transport for London (TfL) by Ken Livingstone, Mayor of London.
Commenting on the appointment, Mayor of London and TfL Board Chair, Ken Livingstone, said:
'Sir Gulam Noon's extensive business experience, his representation on many community focused boards and his role as a leading member of London's Asian community will make a significant contribution to the TfL board's strategic effectiveness. I am sure he will do an excellent job of representing Londoners' interests.'
Sir Gulam joined the TfL Board as of 1 March 2004.
The other members of the TfL Board are:
- Ken Livingstone (TfL Chair), Mayor of London
- Dave Wetzel (TfL Vice Chair), Transport for London
- Professor David Begg, Chair Commission for Integrated Transport
- Bob Crow, General Secretary of the Rail Maritime and Transport Union
- Professor Stephen Glaister, Professor of Transport & Infrastructure, Imperial College, London
- Kirsten Hearn, Freelance Consultant
- Mike Hodgkinson, Chairman of Post Office Ltd
- Oli Jackson, Retired
- Susan Kramer, former Liberal Democrat candidate for Mayor of London
- Paul Moore, Lay Official of the Communication Workers Union
- Murziline Parchment, Policy Director in the Mayor's Office
- David Quarmby, Chairman of Sea Britain 2005 Steering Group at the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich and Deputy Chair, SRA
- Tony West, Retired
Special Advisors to the TfL Board:
- The TfL Board is appointed by the Mayor of London
- According to the Greater London Authority Act (1999), the TfL Board should consist of a minimum of eight members, including the Chair, and a maximum of 15. The appointment of Sir Gulam Noon takes the number of TfL Board members to 13.