Our Pelham Street office is closed to the public at present. We are still able to help you with finding your lost items - use the web form on this page to contact us.
Before you enquire
If you have lost something on a bus in the past 3 days, contact the operator.
Credit and debit cards
We do not keep or take enquiries for individual credit or debit cards - these are securely destroyed when found.
Contact your bank immediately to report the loss and arrange a replacement.
Hazardous, objectionable or perishable items
We do not keep or take enquiries for lighters, e-cigarettes, foodstuffs, soiled clothing, highly flammable substances or other items that may be hazardous to store.
Oyster cards and photocards
We do not take enquiries for individual Oyster cards or photocards. Please see the following information on how to replace your lost card:
- You can replace your registered Oyster card
- Replace your Oyster photocard
- Bus and Tram Discount photocard - apply for a new card at a post office in London
- Jobcentre Plus Discount photocard - contact your local Jobcentre Plus office
Make an enquiry
We collect and store property found on the following services:
- London Buses
- London Underground
- Docklands Light Railway
- London Overground
- TfL Rail
- Black cabs (taxis)
- Emirates Air Line
- Victoria Coach Station
Lost your property on a different service?
Once we've received your enquiry
It can take up to 7 working days for us to collect and catalogue items found on the network.
We will try to match your enquiry against the property we receive. We will let you know if we think we have your item, or if we need more information. There is no need to visit the office in person.
Reclaiming your property
We keep unclaimed items for a maximum of 3 months from the date of loss. Money (except for that found in Black Cabs) can be claimed up to 12 months from the date of loss.
Once we have confirmed that we have found your property, we will let you know how you can reclaim it. You should do this within two weeks.
- Items may be collected from our office, or couriered to you for an additional cost.
- We charge a fee to help cover the cost of collecting and storing your property
- We require valid identification before we release goods for collection or delivery.
- Property found in taxis is subject to an additional fee based on the value of the item. This award is given directly to the driver in recognition of their actions.
- If you want someone else to collect the property on your behalf, you need to provide a signed letter or authorisation email. We will reconfirm these details for you when validating your claim.
Items which remain unclaimed after 3 months from the date of loss becomes the property of TfL.
We remove and securely destroy any personal data. Then, we donate the property to charity or recycle, dispose of or sell it. We do not hold specific auctions for unclaimed items
Contact details and opening hours
Online: Use our enquiry form.
Phone: If we have told you that we've found your property, or if you need help with managing your enquiry, call us on 0343 222 1234 - charges apply
Collection point: 63-81 Pelham St, London SW7 2NJ (closest Tube: South Kensington). This office is for pre-booked visits only. Please wait until we've told you that your property is ready to collect, as items may be stored in different locations.
Opening hours: 08:30 - 16:00 Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
Contact the boat operator
Online: Customers can report or search for their Lost Property at www.missingx.com.
Phone: Trams Customer Service 020 8681 8300 - charges apply. Please note, this number only takes calls about property lost on trams.
Address: London Trams Shop, 5 Suffolk House, George Street, Croydon, CR10 1PE
Opening hours: 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
Contact the service operator if you have lost property on other services such as National Rail services, licensed mini-cabs, coaches, tour buses or at airports.