Faulty Oyster card
Transfer your credit or ticket to a new card online
- Get a new Oyster card
- Make at least one journey with it
- Wait 24 hours
- Sign in to your account, or create an account
- Go to 'Report card lost, stolen or failed'
- Select 'Transfer my products to another Oyster card' and follow the instructions
Transfer your credit or ticket to a new card by phone
We'll arrange to transfer your credit or ticket to your new card.
After you get your new card
Your new Oyster card will have the same Travelcard, Bus & Tram Pass and/or pay as you go credit that was on it before.
If you get discounted travel, you'll need to have the discount added to your replacement card:
- Take your discount photocard and your Oyster card to any Oyster Ticket Stop or Tube station
- Ask staff to add your discount to your Oyster card. You need to give a password
- Add pay as you go credit to your Oyster card
- Create or sign in to your contactless and Oyster account and add your Oyster card. Use the same password you gave to staff when they added your discount. If you don't, you can't get a refund or replacement
Carry your photocard and Oyster card with you at all times and don't let anyone else use your cards.
We may refund you for any travel you've had to pay for while waiting for your ticket or credit to be transferred.
If you have an Annual Travelcard, we'll send you a new Gold Record Card.