Touch a pink card reader when changing trains
How to use
If you're travelling across London but not through Zone 1, you need to:
- Touch in on a yellow card reader at the start of your journey
- Touch on a pink card reader when you change trains
- Touch out on a yellow card reader at the end of your journey
This tells us that the route you took didn't go through Zone 1, so you're charged the right fare for your journey.
If you don't touch on a pink card reader:
- You'll pay the higher pay as you go fare that includes Zone 1 travel
- You'll pay an extension fare if you're using a Travelcard that doesn't cover Zone 1 travel
Where are they?
Pink card readers are on, or in between the platforms where you change trains at certain stations:
- Blackhorse Road
- Canada Water
- Clapham Junction
- Gospel Oak
- Hackney Central/Hackney Downs
- Highbury & Islington
- Kensington (Olympia)
- Rayners Lane
- Surrey Quays
- West Brompton
- Willesden Junction
How do I check?
Use our single fare finder to check whether you need to touch on a pink card reader for your journey or to see if there's a cheaper route.