By using the App, you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, please do not use this App. We may update these Terms from time to time. Please read these Terms carefully. If you have any questions about any of the Terms, please:
- Call customer services on 0343 222 1234 (TfL call charges)
- Send an email to: email@example.com
You must be 17 to accept these Terms and use the App. If you download the App onto any phone or other device not owned by you, you must have the owner's permission to do so. You will be responsible for complying with these Terms, whether or not you own the phone or other device.
Our services and their availability
We, TfL, license you to use:
- The App software, the data supplied with the software and any updates or supplements to it
- The content we provide to you through the App as permitted in these Terms
From time to time we may ask you to update the App to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues.
If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using the App.
Apple App Store and Google Play's Terms also apply. These Terms do not govern your relationship with Apple and Google. The ways in which you can use the App are also controlled by the Apple App Store's rules and policies and Google Play's rules and policies.
Limitations of the Service
The App will only work with these operating system versions or later versions. It is not possible to download or install the App on a device running an earlier version of the operating systems:
- Apple: iOS 11.0 or later
- Android: v8.0 or later
The use and availability of our App is highly dependent on the operation of for example your mobile device, your mobile data network and/or broadband internet connection, your GPS receiver and other resources you can use to access our services.
You will be responsible for any costs charged by your mobile network and/or internet service provider in relation to the provision of internet coverage necessary to use the App. TfL is not responsible for any connectivity issues or data charges you incur when downloading, installing and using our App - when downloading the App, we encourage you to use a Wi-Fi connection to minimise data usage and/or associated costs.
Information may not always be accurate. We use third parties, such as Mentz GmbH and Google to provide certain functions in the App, including the Journey Planning and Search functions. We try and make sure that the data is correct and up-to-date, but we cannot guarantee that it always will be. Journey times are only estimates, as actual timings depend on many factors outside our control. Accordingly, we do not accept any liability for any error or omission in the information available or the recommendations made through the App, and we exclude all liability for any action you may take or loss or injury you may suffer (direct or indirect including loss of income, profit, opportunity or time) as a result of relying on any information available through the App.
We use open source libraries as part of the App, including:
We use open source assets as part of the App, including:
App ownership and TfL responsibilities
We will make reasonable efforts to provide the App, however we are not liable for any failure to provide the App, in part or in full. This includes any suspension of the App because of maintenance or upgrades to our or any third party systems. The App is provided 'as is' with no representation, guarantee or warranty of any kind as to its functionality.
The App belongs to TfL. You must not:
- Rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available the App in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us
- Copy the App, except as part of the normal use of the App or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security
- Translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the App nor permit the App or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use the App on devices as permitted in these Terms
- Disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are necessary to decompile the App to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with the App or with another program ("Permitted Objective"), and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is not disclosed or communicated without TfL's prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it in order to achieve the Permitted Objective
- is not used to create any software that is substantially similar in its expression to the App
- is kept secure
- is used only for the Permitted Objective
Please take note of the following:
- You are responsible and liable for all activities initiated with or which occur whilst using the App, whether or not such activities were initiated by you
- If you change your mobile device or dispose of it, we suggest you delete the App first
- You must not install or use the App on a jail-broken or rooted device
- You must comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the App
You must not:
- Use the App in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the App or any operating system
- Infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App, including by the submission of any material (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these Terms)
- Transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the App
- Use the App in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users
- Share the App with others or otherwise disclose the App publicly
Ending your agreement with us
You can end our agreement at any time by deleting the App from your mobile device.
We may end your agreement with us for reasons including but not limited to situations where we know or suspect that:
- You have broken any of these Terms
- You are acting fraudulently when using the App
- You have been abusive to any of our staff or agents when discussing the App
- The App has been withdrawn by Apple Inc. or Google Inc. or we are stopping support for the App on your mobile device or the operating system it runs on
Once your agreement with us ends, you must uninstall the App from your mobile device(s). All rights granted to you in respect of the App will immediately end.
The App contains material, including but not limited to software, text, graphics and images (App Content). We may own the App Content or portions of the App Content may be made available to us through agreements that we have with third parties.
The trademarks, service marks and logos of the App (App Trademarks) used and displayed in the App are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of the App. Other company, product, and service names located in the App may be trademarks or service marks owned by third parties.
Nothing in the App or in these Terms should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any App Trademarks or third party trademarks displayed in the App without the prior written consent of TfL specific for each such use. The App Trademarks or third party trademarks may not be used to disparage the App or the applicable third party, TfL's or the third party's products or services, or in any manner (using commercially reasonable judgment) that may damage any goodwill in the App Trademarks or third party trademarks. All goodwill generated from the use of any App Trademark shall inure to TfL's benefit.
Using your data
We don't store your contact details or payment information whilst you use the App.
If you use the Tube map or Journey Planner functions, you will be asked to allow the App to access your location while using the App. You can still use the map without sharing your location, but the App will not know your location information and you may receive a degraded experience. If you choose to allow the App to access your location, this data is stored locally on the device and is not shared with TfL.
The App uses technologies including software development kits which are similar to cookies. TfL may allow Adobe Analytics to provide analytics services.
For further information on how TfL processes your personal data in relation to your provision of feedback on the App, please refer to the Privacy Notice in the App menu.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We will not be responsible for any loss or damage to your personal device as a result of using the App or having the App installed.
We may transfer our agreement with you to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will tell you if this happens.
If a court finds part of these Terms illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing these Terms, we can still enforce them later
Even if we delay in enforcing these Terms, we can still enforce them later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking these Terms, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
Which laws apply to these Terms and where you may bring legal proceedings
These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with the App. You irrevocably submit to this jurisdiction.
Questions or complaints
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact us in the first instance:
- By phone:
UK: 0343 222 2345 (TfL call charges)
Textphone: 0800 112 3456 if you have impaired hearing.
Please make sure you have all the relevant details to hand before calling.
- By email: <firstname.lastname@example.org
We try to resolve your complaint the first time you contact us.