Vehicles Engineering - Level 4
How long: 4 years
Where: London-based hybrid working. Expected 1-2 days on average in the office (subject to working patterns and business requirements).
What you'll need
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs Grade A* - C or Grade 4 and above including Maths and English language
- Plus 2 A-Levels in any subject at grade A* - D or equivalent
- You must be 18 years old by September 2023 to be eligible for this scheme
Our Engineers focus on the assets that form the foundation of our transport system. We have 800 trains, manage the buses contracts.
Our assets range from computer driven to old mechanical systems. Introducing new technology means we need a diverse workforce to support us.
We're currently delivering the Mayor's Transport Strategy, which includes:
- A reduction in electrical consumption
- The achievement of carbon neutral by 2030
- Significantly reduced bus fleet emissions
What you'll be doing
As an apprentice, your 4-year development programme will be made up of up to 15 placement rotations including:
- Maintenance improvements
- Modifications and Service Delivery
- Train Testing
- Environmental Testing
- Audio Visual Testing
- Trams and Hydrogen powered buses
Where this career can take you
On successful completion of this scheme, you could move into several different areas within our team, such as:
- A rolling stock/trams engineer
- Working within the design areas
- Reliability Engineering
- Train Testing
Your progression will depending on your personal aspirations and business need. Although it's expected that you'll reach the level of Discipline Engineer within five years.