Recruitment Resourcer - Level 2
What Qualifications you'll gain: Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Recruitment Resourcing
Where: London (hybrid working)
How long: Approximately 18 months
What you'll need
- You are not eligible for this scheme if you currently hold or are working towards a qualification at the same or higher level in a related subject or have already studied content from the qualification for this scheme
- For those who do not have a GCSE level 4 (Grade C and above) or Functional skills level 2 in maths and English: during your apprenticeship you must achieve functional skills level 2 in maths and English before your end point assessment. You will be supported to achieve this
- You must be 18 years old before the start date to be eligible
You will be required to provide original certificates and/or predicted grades as proof for your eligibility checks.
We're an organisation with over 27,000 staff and recruit everybody from apprentices to Managing Directors, customer service assistants to Change Managers. Every single employee at TfL helps us serve London.
In this role you'll learn all about our recruitment including about workforce planning, job adverts, sourcing and onboarding every hire we make - whether that be a high volume campaign or niche fire engineer. Our people are the heart of our organisation - join us in hiring our talent and ensuring our workforce is as diverse as the city we serve.
What you'll be doing
Your programme will be made up of multiple placement rotations. Our aim is to equip you with the range of skills and experience you need for your successful career. We also understand that everyone's career is different, so every apprentice's journey is unique. Here's an idea of what yours could look like:
Early careers team - hiring our graduates, apprentices and interns
- Take responsibility for the recruitment process for a couple of roles
- Be involved with design, assessment centre planning and how we market the role with a focus on improving our diversity and inclusion to represent the city we serve
- Be involved in selecting or onboarding our hires
Permanent recruitment team
- Join our permanent recruitment team, contingent workforce team or high volume recruitment team working on large campaigns to hire train managers
- Review data to understand trends in a large campaign and identify how to improve for future campaigns
- Be creative in sourcing new talent for a very specific skillset
- Develop your research methods
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Adapt your communication style to have impact and sell opportunities with excellent customer service and develop knowledge and confidence to fulfil the role
- Focus on internal succession planning, working closely with our colleagues with a high attention to detail
We hope to offer optional placements that can help secure your knowledge of how recruitment sits beside our learning and development, onboarding and workforce planning and colleagues in employment law.
In each role you will understand the importance of working alongside other teams and how we are performing relative to Key Performance Indicators and evaluating our campaigns.
Where this career can take you
Upon successful completion of this scheme, you could roll-off into our Early Careers team, sourcing our apprentices, graduates and interns or progress as a Recruitment Consultant hiring our permanent staff. This could lead to further career development opportunities such as a recruitment manager or senior executive consultant.